[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

animeHrmIne

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Postby animeHrmIne » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:40 am UTC

That looks awesome! The colors are so cute. Also, the shadows in those pictures are kind of mesmerizing.

I wish I could wear corsets, but I don't have anything to corset. There is no extra flesh about my waist, so I have as much of a waist as I ever will, and it's impossible to do anything with my breasts. Even taking them in my hands and forcing them together gives me no cleavage, and if I do manage to make them touch it's at awkward, deformed angles with no flesh left on the sides and my nipples practically touching.

Which reminds me of something I was going to ask the woman thread: do they make those nipple-covering sticker-things* thick enough that you can't see the nipple through them? Really? Because except for in my heavily padded bras, I can always see my nipples through the bra and the shirt. But I don't actually need a bra -- with my shoulders back, I can jump up and down/wiggle/do cartwheels and there is nothing to jiggle. I like my padded bras because they give me some semblance of a shape, but either they dig into my ribs or you can see my nipples through them. I'm thinking of just no longer wearing bras, but I want something between my nipples and the rest of the world.

Useful notes: I can't stand clothes that aren't form-fitting. They don't have to be painted on, but anything loose tends to fall wrong and feel incredibly uncomfortable. This may limit my options in the nipple-covering department. I am also a high-school senior with little to no extra cash, so I don't want to buy anything that won't work.

*definitely the technical term
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:51 am UTC

I've tried the booby-sticker things, for the same reason. They cover the nipple fairly well but now you can see the edges and folds of the tape through your shirt. Not actually an improvement. :evil:
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:01 am UTC

Sungura/Amy: Oh my Gods you are So Gorgeous. And I adore the corset colors! So bold, so fascinating! It makes me want to take you out for lunch! :wink: I am boggled by your sewing abilities. I saw a sewing machine at Goodwill the other day but I convinced myself out of buying it because I have no idea where I'd get the pieces I'm sure it's probably missing...

animeHrmIne: I've had the same problem, I can't wear those clothy bras. Aerie (american eagle's underwear line, surprisingly good quality and workmanship for a place that sells 1/3 of a pair of jeans next door *snark*) has some really nice things that i like. Being somewhat well endowed, push ups make me look like a clown. But I don't want something *too* thin. Aerie's lightly lined bras have 1-2mm of "padding" that cover my nipplage in a cold room, but aren't too much. Quite comfy too. I wouldn't suggest ordering online though - their different styles of bras fit very differently. But if you have one near you, try it out, maybe? They do run a bit to the smaller sizes. Also, their sale prices are pretty good. It looks like all their stuff costs $40 but it's really more like $15.

Also, I wanted to say to the world that small boobies, big boobies, medium size boobies - they're all freakin' amazing boobies. There's this misconception (at least among some of the people I know) that 36C or whatever is the "perfect size". Not true! Total crap! I know someone who dislikes anything larger than an A! Another who likes >DD. Everyone has their own happy place for boobies, and really, if they're that worried about your boob size... :roll: [Maybe this last bit should have gone in the ISHTST thread?]
Last edited by Cathy on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Amie wrote:Cathy, I now declare you to be an awesome person, by the powers vested in me by nobody, really.
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!

Amie

Postby Amie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:00 pm UTC

Cathy wrote:Also, I wanted to say to the world that small boobies, big boobies, medium size boobies - they're all freakin' amazing boobies.

Fucking sig'd. Now it's on EVERY thread...
...that I post in
Summer is miles and miles away, and no one would ask me to stay.
And I, should contemplate this change... to ease the pain.
And I, should step out of the rain... turn away.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:21 pm UTC

animae-I think they make bras forget the name but they have extra harder padding "flower" shape thingie (doesrlnt show) in the front. I can't remember the brand. I found getting the thicker padded bras that kind stand up on their own if ya know what I mean works as well.

And thanks for the complements. :) Ill go out to lunch :)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:13 pm UTC

Amie wrote:
Cathy wrote:Also, I wanted to say to the world that small boobies, big boobies, medium size boobies - they're all freakin' amazing boobies.

Fucking sig'd. Now it's on EVERY thread...
...that I post in

<3

Sungura wrote:Thanks for the complements. :) Ill go out to lunch :)

If I'm ever in MI... :D
Amie wrote:Cathy, I now declare you to be an awesome person, by the powers vested in me by nobody, really.

AnnaArmour

Postby AnnaArmour » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:51 pm UTC

animeHrmIne wrote:Which reminds me of something I was going to ask the woman thread: do they make those nipple-covering sticker-things* thick enough that you can't see the nipple through them? Really?

I've never tried them, but I know Bare Necessities has nipple concealers, plus bras with something called "smoothing petals". Something like that's probably your best bet.

symple

Postby symple » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:49 am UTC

Hi. Sometimes I read this thread and learn useful things. Today I am freaking out abit and felt like telling someone about it. I figure you guys can be helpful with these things sometimes.

Spoiler:
This is my 3rd day off the pill (in a normal pill break) and no blood has appeared. I HAVE had unprotected whatsit in the past month. Freaking out!! If I don't get any blood by tomorrow arvo then I am buying a test and then talking to uni health centre people to get it killed as quickly as possible. Pretty scared. I'm in Aus so I could get an abortion but obviously I'd rather not have to. It's also my birthday tomorrow. SAD FACE.

I hope I will reply to this thread in 3-12 hours saying false alarm. =/

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:57 am UTC

If you were on the pill for at least a month before the unprotected sex, and it's been 72 hours or so since the last active pill? No panic required. If you go another 24 hours without at least spotting, maybe start thinking about a measured amount of concern.

I wouldn't recommend panic until five days with no blood, but maybe it's been too long since I last used the pill and have forgotten its rhythms. Can anyone else chime in?
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:08 am UTC

Shark Week used to come the day after my first no pill day. now it comes on the 3rd or so. the first few times it did this i sometimes missed it completely because my panic prevented it from coming and by the time i had taken a test that told me i was fine, it was time for pills. whenever paniccing, buy a test.most likely it'll tell you to calm the fuck down so you can bleed. otherwise it will let you know it's time for the next step.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Aiea

Postby Aiea » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 am UTC

I've always had a longer cycle. When I first started taking the pill I'd do the normal 3 weeks on 1 week off cycle. Except then I'd have one cycle that was very spotty and the next heavy, this continued until I skipped a cycle compleatly. After that scare, I switched to a cycle that fit my body better, 4 weeks on 1 week off (only able to be done with certain varities of pill, check with your dr first etc). After that I had normal periods every 5 weeks until I went off the pill.

symple

Postby symple » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:03 pm UTC

i'm going to say this in bold because it's important: thank you. I do feel better now. Usually it's regular as clockwork. I thought panic and stress could only delay periods when they're 'natural' - not with the pill - but it MIGHT only be delayed. Or skipped entirely! Wouldn't that be wonderful. (if, that is, I'm not pregnant and I still cheated my way out of blood and pain!)

Re: suffer-cait - that's exactly what happened to me the previous time I had a pregnancy scare, after I bought a test I calmed way down and it proceeded as per normal. I still have the test!!! Unused. But it expired in October 2010 so I'll need a new one. =/

Also I'm going to see a psych tomorrow (today) for the first time ever, as previously recommended by my uni counsellor, so that is exciting and possibly helpful also.

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:00 pm UTC

Chiming in: the Pill can do weird things to your cycle, and it takes time to flush the hormones out of your system. I don't know what the doctors say about how long before you return to your personal value of normal, but for me, it was at least a few months before my cycle settled down. So yeah, no need to panic. In all likelihood, it's just stress and hormones being wacky.

Also, has anybody started that makeup thread we talked about a few pages ago? I searched, but didn't find anything. If it doesn't exist, I could go ahead and create it, but I wanted to double-check here first.

symple

Postby symple » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm UTC

Yay blood today! :)

happy face

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 pm UTC

Isotope_238 wrote:Also, has anybody started that makeup thread we talked about a few pages ago? I searched, but didn't find anything. If it doesn't exist, I could go ahead and create it, but I wanted to double-check here first.

Oh oh oh! That was supposed to be me! I was waiting until I did one of my monthly maintenance thingies...you'll see what I mean.

Watch this space.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Hope_

Postby Hope_ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

symple wrote:Yay blood today! :)

happy face
That's good! :)

Shro wrote:Watch this space.
I look forward to this, it sounds interesting.
Whelan wrote:
I Am Raven wrote:Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Damn baby, you're so wet!
Shakespeare was British.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

Okie dokie! I present to you Makeup 101! Go!

I made this thing:

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:53 am UTC

Hey look! It's a Secret Santa! Come participate in the secret santa with me! WOOHOO to SemiCharmed for setting it up!

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:46 am UTC

Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'll either have to live with wearing bras for no real reason, or learn to live with everyone seeing my nipples all the time. :( C'est la vie, I guess.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 am UTC

Don't give up just yet. Try pieces of medical tape (from the drugstore), if you can't find anything elsewhere. There are a few kinds of medical tape -- pick one that you like, or try a couple. Cut it into whatever shapes seem logical to you, stick them onto da boobs, then see how it looks for yourself. Experiment, rinse, and repeat. Maybe you'll find something that works.

And hey, if you do? Tell us about it! :wink:
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:05 am UTC

Cathy wrote:Hey look! It's a Secret Santa! Come participate in the secret santa with me! WOOHOO to SemiCharmed for setting it up!

Please, please! I've extended the deadline until tomorrow... there are 4 people signed up right now, which is enough for secrecy i9n the swapping but the more the merrier.

Aiea

Postby Aiea » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:44 am UTC

Argh, I haven't breastfed in a year and a half and my boobs decided to start lactating again last night. I thought I was done with this.

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:26 pm UTC

Hey everyone, I recently came across a cool resource on pelvic pain and endometriosis which I thought I should share (it's detailed, informative and accessible). It was composed by Dr Susan Evans, an Australian keyhole surgeon, who is trying to have pelvic pain treated more seriously by the medical community and discussed more widely by the public: especially amongst adolescent girls and young women. She was on national radio this week promoting the cause, with the example of a patient, Miss A, whose complaints of pelvic pain as a ten-year-old were dismissed. She had endometriosis, and by the time this was discovered, seven years later, the condition was so bad she required a hysterectomy, including the excision of her ovaries & tubes, and the removal of part of her bowel. (In more typical cases, endometriosis presents in older women as benign (painful) tumours which can result in infertility and, more rarely, cancerous tumours.)
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:53 pm UTC

I shared that with more of the internet. Pelvic pain is not to be ignored, and info is power. *rainbow star*
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:19 pm UTC

TIL: You can get botox in your hoo-ha if you have problems with tight pubococcygeus (pelvic floor) muscles. (Reading the entire PDF of course)

(Yes, I didn't say vagina, but I said pubococcygeus.)

I made this thing:

ShortChelsea
One thousand four hundred and thirty seven

Postby ShortChelsea » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:28 pm UTC

Shoe stuff

I only had four pairs of shoes until I met my boyfriend. I had black heels, a good pair of tennis shoes, a bad pair of tennis shoes for running in crap weather, and flip flops. My boyfriend knows how to match clothing and shoes better than me and now I have more pairs of shoes than I care to think about.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:37 pm UTC

semicharmed wrote:
Cathy wrote:Hey look! It's a Secret Santa! Come participate in the secret santa with me! WOOHOO to SemiCharmed for setting it up!

Please, please! I've extended the deadline until tomorrow... there are 4 people signed up right now, which is enough for secrecy i9n the swapping but the more the merrier.

I joined, i have been so off forum lately i never saw the thread, heh.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 pm UTC

Shro wrote:Okie dokie! I present to you Makeup 101! Go!

\o/
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 am UTC

ShortChelsea wrote:
Shoe stuff

I only had four pairs of shoes until I met my boyfriend. I had black heels, a good pair of tennis shoes, a bad pair of tennis shoes for running in crap weather, and flip flops. My boyfriend knows how to match clothing and shoes better than me and now I have more pairs of shoes than I care to think about.

Funny that, same here. My fiance's fashion sense is 100x better than mine. When he started working where he works he was asked (discreetly) if he was gay, and I thought that was terrible but somewhat funny. Their reason? "Your jacket and shirt and tie all match really well!"

:roll:

meridian

Postby meridian » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:43 am UTC

Okay, body, WTF.

As previously noted, I just started using the NuvaRing. I inserted sometime around the 12th and had cramps and nausea following - cramps are normal, nausea and headache were not. I rode it out as instructed by friendly people and pamphlets and went on with life. I had breast tenderness for the next two weeks and thought, gee, wouldn't it be nice if this went away. My biggest problem with the ring is that it doesn't want to stay in. It doesn't bother me, I am not getting dried out, instead I seem to be leaking vaginal fluid more often - which makes it difficult to keep the ring in. I've had to reset it a few times, maybe once a week?

Just as I was getting settled in, starting to feel normal once more, and getting ready to yank the ring out as my first three weeks of this thing were coming to a close, I idly wondered when my next period would come, if I'd have to wait long, and what my symptoms might be like.

Then, I just started bleeding. What? 2 weeks after my last period ended, almost to the day, here's another blessed co-occupation of my vagina, cup and ring. Ugh.
Spoiler:
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They are taken to a special room and burned.
- Sherlock
torontoraptor wrote:Internet is a zombie, and it is eating our brains.

The EGE
not very good at pickup limes

Postby The EGE » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:02 pm UTC

My ladyfriend has asked me to post this:

It was approaching October 15 and I didn't want to bleed then so that I could have sex. So, I skipped my sugar pill week, and started my hormone pill week. But I'd already started bleeding. I finished the hormone pills and then took the sugar pills. I bled all through those 2 weeks.

Now: Shark Week should have started this week, Monday the 28th. But it didn't. It started two weeks ago: Monday the 14th. I bled until Saturday the 26th. I was clean Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and then started bleeding this morning, Wednesday the 30th.

She'd been on BC for about a year prior, and usually stuck to 3 on / 1 off.

She, thus has 2 questions:

1. Is this normal?

2. What should she do to get back on a regular cycle? Will getting on a steady 3/1 pattern be enough, or will she need to go off hormonal BC for a month or so to clear everything out?
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 am UTC

so this could just be me, but i'm confused. may i ask for a calender of what she took, when she bled, and when she was supposed to take sugar pills?
ImageImageImageImageImage

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 am UTC

are her pills monophasic? some pills have different doses during the 3 weeks so skipping the sugar pills then taking them a week later might have cocked things up a bit.
Most likely she will return back to normal after another month or two if she takes the pills as normal and without skipping another sugar pill week.

Best thing to do is speak to a doctor, nurse or pharmacist, they'll be able to advise better based on medical history and the specific brand of pill she's taking.

meridian

Postby meridian » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:51 pm UTC

So previous incident turned out to be spotting. That's frustrating.

Ring comes out today. Then I have a week to try and get to PP and get more BC, and maybe qualify for cheaper services.

Not that this is horribly important as I am not concerned about or using it for actual birth control right now, but it would probably be best for hormone consistency re: moods.
Spoiler:
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They are taken to a special room and burned.
- Sherlock
torontoraptor wrote:Internet is a zombie, and it is eating our brains.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:01 pm UTC

I wish Shark Week would just arrive and get it over with, already. I'm two weeks late. I haven't had sex since July (and my last period was in October.) Grumpy.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

KestrelLowing

Postby KestrelLowing » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:53 pm UTC

Sorry, rant coming

Ok, so I'm currently a mechanical engineering student. There was a group project we had to do with making a model of a mechanism and then we had to do some calculations on it, etc. My group consisted of me, two other females, and a male (the only majority female group in the class). We decided to build the model out of Legos as (A) it would be really easy, and (B) I already had them available so it was completely free.

We present our project and afterward the prof starts talking about how using Legos is an excellent idea for models - awesome! We had wondered if he remembered giving us permission to use Legos.

Then he said "And you must have very rich boyfriends to buy you those Legos".

Ummm, WTF? Granted, I didn't actually buy the Legos as my parents bought them for me when I was in middle school, but WTF? The worst part is, he didn't even seem to realize that probably wasn't a great thing to say.

I hate old sexist men.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:56 pm UTC

Also, since when are Legos especially expensive?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:29 am UTC

Ugh @ that, KestrelLowing. :(
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:30 am UTC

What sort of thought process is behind that remark? It's just baffling. I do not understand how 'having Legos'='rich boyfriend'. Is there a parallel universe somewhere where this sort of crazypants stuff is normal, and these people just fall through wormholes and end up here?

'Nother rant coming.
SERIOUSLY UTERUS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE.

I have been bleeding for eighteen days, which is WAY longer than the five days to a week all the sex ed classes say. Two weeks (rounded up) isn't unusual for me, and probably not a problem, given that I only have periods 2-6 times a year, so I guess it makes sense that I'd bleed for a little longer after not bleeding for longer than usual? I think?

But eighteen days? This shit is getting old. You know what, fuck that. This shit was old around day 7. Just STOP already.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:51 am UTC

Isotope, have you asked a (competent) doctor about this? There are others on the fora who have found relief from shitty-length periods through hormonal management. (If your current doctor shrugs and says "and so?" then it's time to find another doctor. Just giving you a reality check. :wink: )
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

Return to “General”