[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Re: Woman Thread - The thread with the fallopian touch!

Postby PictureSarah » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:16 pm UTC

I gained about 30 pounds in two months on the pill. And I have not been able to lose pretty much any of it, despite A LOT of trying. And that's after about 2.5 years of NOT being on the pill anymore. Including about 7 months of no hormonal birth control at all, and lots of dieting and exercise.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:22 pm UTC

I gained about 30 lbs since taking hormones. From 190 to 220lbs. I'm 5'7.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Laetificat

Postby Laetificat » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:51 pm UTC

I'm on progestogen-only, and I think I may have actually lost weight. Plus, no Shark Week. I got spots for a couple of weeks during the first month, but apart from that I couldn't be happier with it.
It's mental static! I told you, if you HAVE to think, think in German!

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:47 pm UTC

I miss having reptiles :(
I like cats too, though more than a hand full gets to be... more than a hand full. Living in a house with 7 cats was a little too much for me. It took me months to get the cat pee out of everything. *sigh* But I do love kitties!
I also want a marine aquarium! :3333
And a horsey :D
And I know that Katie wants a puppy and birds.

Basically we are going to get them and then charge admission. Maybe have a petting zoo so all my pets get attention ^^; (just no goats... goats try to kill me. I've been traumatized about it since I was 3...).

I also have an extensive shoe/boot collection, luckily so many people I know share my size (9) so it works out for us to trade and borrow too!

As for hormones/BC, I uh... have stayed mostly the same. I think that at my last endo appt I was sitting at +3lbs.
EDIT: (5'10.5", usually hovering around 130lbs now...)
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:50 pm UTC

This is my seventh month on the pill, and i think i've maybe gained... five pounds?
But i've also been drinking much more than usual, so it may be that.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:06 pm UTC

Grrr. Sooo jealous of DJ and Crickets.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:16 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:Grrr. Sooo jealous of DJ and Crickets.

Don't be jealous. I'm still pretty overweight. I just play the part of the cute and sassy big girl.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 pm UTC

Because you are a cute and sassy big girl. A damn cute girl :)

Just so you know, all you women of the women thread, you are like my girl friends I don't get to really have. I mean, I have some girl friends in real life, who are awesome, but I consider you all to be my girl friends as well. And I'm buzzing on caffeine, and for some reason am on a really good day despite a shitty calls.

Yay!

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 pm UTC

:D
I tend to think of this thread as being full of friends too.
I like the woman thread.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 pm UTC

Fallopian hugs! :D
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 pm UTC

Cytoplasm wrote:Fallopian hugs! :D

Anyone else imagining someone being hugged by a uterus about now?
Time to go see if there's a photo on the internet.

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 pm UTC

I'm 5'2", and I've been between 98 and 120 pounds in the last 6 years, during which I've sometimes been on hormonal birth control and sometimes not been. When I was 98 lbs, that was a serious health issue, and I'm pretty sure I was on hormonal birth control of some type, although it might have been the NuvaRing instead of on pills. I've gained weight since I got off of birth control pills last summer, and then lost a little, and then gained a little more. My weight gain and loss appears to me to be tied to my diet and exercise (and mental well-being), not to what hormones I'm taking.

Unfortunately, crickets, the plush uterus has been recalled as a choking hazard, and, while it could be hugged, it wasn't big enough to hug people.
Last edited by Enuja on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 pm UTC

Jessica is happy, hooray! :D *fallopian hugs*

Re shoes: eeee shoes! I love the ones Sarah posted, and I love the red ones Cashew posted. Where're those from, Cashew?

Re pill gain: the only weight I gained on the pill was in my boobs. Not a lot, but enough that I fill out a B cup now.

(and I don't want to start a "you're not fat!" "I totally am!" thing, but crickets, as far as I can tell from pictures, you're the same size as me. totally not overweight. :p)
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

I know, no "I'm fat" arguments.
Also, I own a plushie uterus. It's awesome.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 pm UTC

I googled fallopian hugs, this thread is 5th :lol:
Oddly moo's sig picture comes up in images.

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote: (and I don't want to start a "you're not fat!" "I totally am!" thing, but crickets, as far as I can tell from pictures, you're the same size as me. totally not overweight. :p)

Heh, i was speaking in a very biological sense. Appearance wise, i know i'm on the bigger side, but i still have shape and so forth, so really all my "omgi'msofat" is mostly due to my wacky mom telling me that i'm fat.

Oh mom.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:22 pm UTC

I feel fat from a objective weight/height ratio aspect.
I don't look fat, because I have a masculine frame to hold my weight.

aging.child

Postby aging.child » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 pm UTC

Um, I can see them putting a warning on that adorable stuffed uterus thing, but it also says on there that if you gave one to a child, to take it back because they might choke on the ovaries. Who in God's name is going around giving young children stuffed uteruses? I can just see the conversation. "Wow mommy, thanks! What is it?" "Oh, well..."

Ah well, fallopian hugs for everyone!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 pm UTC

I'd give my (hypothetical, future) kids stuffed uteri. If she's got one, it's never to early to learn about anatomy. If he doesn't, he'll want to know sooner than later!
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Jadestone

Postby Jadestone » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:46 pm UTC

Jess, your stuffed uterus was the first thing I thought of when I read "fallopian hugs."

I love this thread, sometimes it feels like a sleepover where you never go to sleep but the sun never comes up XD

So yesterday, I was feeling depressed so I did something completely out of character for me and went upstairs and tried on a bunch of my dresses and stuff, and took pictures with the self-timer on my camera ^^ It was surprisingly fun.

Also, I decided that if I am going to wear my corset over a shirt to school, it needs to be soon because it is starting to be nice outside and I'd need to wear it with jeans. (I don't own skirts, and it'd just look... odd with shorts). I have pictures of that too, and I'd really like people's opinion on whether it looks okay... uploading them now but it is taking forever >.<
Kokopelli for President

"Life's a beach. Then you die." -Terry Prattchet

"We are all of us alone in this world."

aging.child

Postby aging.child » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 pm UTC

Haha, I can see myself having a major problem talking to my hypothetical future kids about anatomy. I envy your new age spirit, Delalyra. :)

*waits anxiously for corset pictures*
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:53 pm UTC

I read this book; it helped assuage my fears that I won't be a good parent. :p

Edit: oooh, corset pictures pretty please!

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:08 am UTC

One picture, coming up.
(see, by posting this, I *have* to do it, and can't just put it off indefinitely)

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:13 am UTC

sorry for the offtopicness, but since this is the girly thread I think this is the right place to ask it...

So I get a build up of whitish .. stuff .. (probably just dead skin cells and so on, it seems pretty similar to what you can sometimes find in your belly button) around and under my clitoral hood. It's not a crazy huge amount, but it is there.. and I like to keep myself clean. So I was wondering how other girls go about cleaning this part of their body.

The problem I have is that I can lift away the hood a little to see it, but this exposes my clitoris and trying to apply pressure to clean it... well.... it's really really sensitive. To the point that just a gentle prod with my finger sends all the blood rushing to my head and gives me an instant headache.

I'm wondering if maybe a bath will be the best option... Any ideas?

Jadestone

Postby Jadestone » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:54 am UTC

Got the corset-top (not *actually* a corset. I have not the money for a well-made one of those, though I really would like one) pics up, finally. I'd like to wear it--soon, maybe next Tuesday?--if people think it looks okay like this. I'd need it over the black shirt for school dress code, not to mention I am fairly self-concious. But I am hoping maybe wearing it will make me less-so...

Me in it
Spoiler:

Close-up of the corset itself
Spoiler:

Side
Spoiler:

Back
Spoiler:

Please give opinions on if you think this looks okay/what would make it better. I'm a bit nervous, I'm pretty shy and don't usually wear this type of thing, though I want to.
Also, while I was trying things on I did a few pictures of some dresses I have if anyone's interested.
Kokopelli for President

"Life's a beach. Then you die." -Terry Prattchet

"We are all of us alone in this world."

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:14 am UTC

cute! :D
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:15 am UTC

Wow, Jadestone, that corset thing is gorgeous. I might suggest wearing it over something a bit fancier than a plain t-shirt, though. The top is pretty dressy and I think a slightly nicer shirt underneath would bring it out better. But you should definitely wear it; it looks great.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:18 am UTC

I have a kinda corsetty top that I wear over a white lacey singlet-top.. it works okay. :)

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:24 am UTC

Hyphe wrote:Ernie is very fond of my busom, and my belly, and the small of my back, and the crook of my neck - unfortunatly for me, he sheds hair everywhere and smells of fish. I am going to turn into a spinster with a brown sofa and hundreds of cats. It is inevitable. :(

Max is much the same way. He loves to stand on my boobs and shove himself in my face. He's also the friendliest cat ever and wants to be near me constantly. I am very deliberately restricting myself to one cat because I'm sure if I got another then the floodgates would open and I'd turn into that crazy cat lady in no time flat. Well, that and from my experience cats tend not to like each other very much.

Re the Pill: I've never taken it myself, and I'm kind of loathe to because most of the reports that I've heard seem to have everyone's chest getting bigger. Has this been the case for most of you? This is really not something that I'd like to happen; I already have more than enough up there.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 am UTC

Oh, woman thread, I have such a thing for cool shoes. I've been wanting some Docs for such a long time. These are my favourite shoes, because they're just so glittery:

IMG_1991web.jpg
IMG_1991web.jpg (114.14 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
I don't wear them much, though, I'm scared they'll break. Mostly I wear cons, or nice sandals.

Jadestone: You're so pretty! I'm so glad we're doing clothes advice again, it's so much fun. It looks really good. I would have automatically paired a skirt with the corset top, but the jeans look cool. I agree with Betty and Lina, do you have a slightly dressier top? Or a cool jacket, maybe? And you should definitely post pictures of the dresses (if you want, of course :D ).
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 am UTC

nightlina wrote:So I was wondering how other girls go about cleaning this part of their body.

I dunno about doing it for yourself.... but as a guy, that explains a lot about the first time I tried cunnilingus. :?
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:02 am UTC

It's called smegma, and dudes get it too (some troll had enlarged the penis picture earlier. :roll: ). I suppose the best way to clean all the foldy bits is with a washcloth and maybe some mild soap? I rinse it off as best I can. I think a bath might help.

Jadestone, you and your corset are very pretty!

abitha

Postby abitha » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am UTC

Agreed with everyone about jadestone's corset - my thought is that it would look best over a plain-black or plain-white blouse (either a fitted one, or something a bit floofy round the shoulders to contrast with the fittedness of the corset). It would say 'I have put together a sexy outfit' that way, rather than 'I am wearing a t-shirt as a base layer under my sexy corset'.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:29 am UTC

"Smegma" is a pretty awesome word to say out loud. It's going to be difficult to work that one into conversation.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:07 pm UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Re the Pill: I've never taken it myself, and I'm kind of loathe to because most of the reports that I've heard seem to have everyone's chest getting bigger. Has this been the case for most of you? This is really not something that I'd like to happen; I already have more than enough up there.

Never taken the Pill, but I was on Nuvaring for about a year and a half. And I noticed a teeny, tiny increase. A dress I bought the summer before I started that was thisclose to not being able to zip in the chest became unable to zip. But everything else, including my bras, still fit. If I had to give a number, it was maybe a difference of ~10%? My boobs would normally get bigger the week before Shark Week though, so it was like being that size constantly.
And FWIW, I wear a 38D/DD, depending on the bra make & model. So really not that much of a change at all, I was pretty much the only one who noticed.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:12 pm UTC

I gained some weight when I went on the pill-unsure of how much as I don't weigh myself, I just know I put some on(I'm on the progesterone only pill). I'm currenty a 34E, but, when I went to get measured last time (I'd been on the pill for over a year) I had gone up slightly-I'm an F cup in certain style bras (ones that cover the whole of the boob), and E cup in others(ones that don't cover all of the boob-balcony bras?).
I do love the word Smegma-although sounds a bit like an insult from Red Dwarf!
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:16 pm UTC

jadestone wrote:Got the corset-top (not *actually* a corset. I have not the money for a well-made one of those, though I really would like one)

In the event that you go looking for one, talk to Girl™ first. She knows lots about them and can help prevent the purchase of one you won't be happy with.

However, the top you have now looks excellent.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:23 pm UTC

Fallopian hugs for everybody!

SDIX
is afraid of bananas

Postby SDIX » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:26 pm UTC

oh good lord! lol!(cheese does not go with fallopian!) that is about what I pictured when you first said *fallopian hugs* :lol:

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 pm UTC

I wish the photos weren't blocked on the page... :\

Return to “General”