What AT&T phone should I get?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Gets Obvious Implications

What AT&T phone should I get?

Postby Earlz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:05 am UTC

Ok wide open topic here but anyway. I have AT&T, so the phone would have to be either for AT&T or unlocked. I don't want an iPhone because I hate complete touch screens. I have to basically be capable of texting without staring down at the keyboard, so QWERTY keyboard is preferred but a regular phone number pad also works. I do want it to be partially touch screen other than that though.

I am considering a smart phone of some sort but it's not really a priority. What do you think I should get? Currently I have a Samsung Impression and it is a huge load of suck. The problems with it that are causing me to get a new phone is that the keyboard is completely chaotic. Pressing the 'e' key either puts 4 'e's on the screen or it doesn't respond at all. The other big problems are just the complete lack of customization.

I'm not wanting to spend more than probably $300 for a new phone though. (buying it online without a renewal of contract). I'm also open to suggestions such as maybe not having touch screen(though I love it!) and other such things.

Basically what is a good phone that is stable and will still be just as stable a year from now?

Being a smart phone is optional but definitely not required.

The two phones I'm currently looking at also are the LG Xenon and the Motorola Backflip.
My new blag(WIP, so yes it's still ugly..)
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

Re: What AT&T phone should I get?

Postby nyeguy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:44 am UTC

I have a Backflip, and for all the shit it got on the tech news circuit, I actually like it. I got it mainly for the same reasons as you; that is, a touch screen smartphone with a keyboard on AT&T.

It runs Android (currently 1.5, but its supposed to be upgraded to 2.1 in the next few months). They keypad is a little stiff, and takes getting used to, but it doesn't bug me at all. The processor, though not top of the line, is plenty fast enough for everything I use it.

Sexy Beard Man

Re: What AT&T phone should I get?

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:44 pm UTC

Something to keep in mind when getting an Android phone with AT&T:
http://www.geardiary.com/2010/06/16/why ... ng-matter/

There may be better articles out there on the subject, but that was the first that came up through searching. Should give you the general idea.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Return to “General”