Long haired cute geek boys wanted!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Dutchlike

Re: Long haired cute geek boys wanted!

Postby Dutchlike » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am UTC

Now that's long hair :shock: , it definitely suits you :D.

/lame pagetop

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:46 pm UTC

On a related note, my hair's about 1 foot long but I have trouble with it. I do 2 shampoos and a conditioner, but it's still oily and dry...somehow. Anyway, the dryness can be solved with moisturiser but what can I do about the oilyness?

If I had a pic I'd upload it but I don't... though my sister did take a pic form behind of it out after it'd been straightened, I'll see if I can get that one.
22/♂/hetero/atheist/★☭/Image

Originator of the DIY ASL tags

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:59 pm UTC

some people have naturally oily hair, like really oily.
try brushing it more, get the grease on more of your hair, it will help the dry parts out ,and lessen the grease on top.
also try a new shampoo if you haven't maybe yours isn't strong enough, or stripping the right oils. it's also good to use a new shampoo once in awhile reardless
ImageImageImageImageImage

fruitz

Postby fruitz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 pm UTC

Love this thread... Cute geeks with long hair, i feel like squeeling like a teeny-bopper.

On a more serious note, perhaps we should start some sort of online bidding to own these guys? i can think of a few i wouldnt mind bumping uglies with :lol:

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:44 pm UTC

that almost relates to the procreation partners we were trying to make in facerity, maybe we need a thread for this?

fruitz

Postby fruitz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:49 pm UTC

We definetley need a thread for that...

if you make it, i'll be there in a jiffy! (with my auction hammer!)

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:52 pm UTC

Postify your prostitutionarity?
Hmm... intriguing.
Last edited by Alpha Omicron on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Subliminity
needs friends

Postby Subliminity » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

Me, in a nutshell.

Spoiler:

Mous

Postby Mous » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 am UTC

Most long haired geeksTrolls:
Spoiler:
comic book guy.gif
comic book guy.gif (21.9 KiB) Viewed 3899 times

-edited due to trolling /Fjafjan
Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 am UTC

ZLVT wrote:On a related note, my hair's about 1 foot long but I have trouble with it. I do 2 shampoos and a conditioner, but it's still oily and dry...somehow. Anyway, the dryness can be solved with moisturiser but what can I do about the oilyness?

If I had a pic I'd upload it but I don't... though my sister did take a pic form behind of it out after it'd been straightened, I'll see if I can get that one.

Heh, when I was younger I had this problem. I found one of the tricks was to only condition the ends - I couldn't apply any conditioner at all to the scalp, otherwise mass oilyness would result. It's the same with applying a moisturiser after you shower - only apply it to the ends, not the roots.

Also, changing to a more expensive shampoo and conditioner really, really does make a difference. I wouldn't have thought it could (I was using a mid-priced brand before) but now I'm using something about three times as expensive.. and my hair is loving it.

You can also look at the bottle and check to see if it's silicon based. Silicon based conditioners will coat the hair so it feels okay, but because they're only coating it they actually end up (in the long run) drying the hair out. Stuff like Pantene is silicon based.

A few more things you can think about are how much you touch your hair (the more you touch it, the more oily it will get) and if you have dandruff, use a dandruff shampoo and try to avoid scratching at your scalp (which will also add to the oiliness).

Hope this helps :)

Jadestone

Postby Jadestone » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:43 am UTC

Why hellooooo, thread!

Long hair+geeky+cute=Yes.

I am about 11x as likely to think a guy is atractive if his hair goes past his chin. The longer the better (to an extent, if it's long but really unhealthy and gross than it's just... ew).

And this thread has lots of all of the criteria!
Kokopelli for President

"Life's a beach. Then you die." -Terry Prattchet

"We are all of us alone in this world."

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:29 am UTC

ZLVT wrote:On a related note, my hair's about 1 foot long but I have trouble with it. I do 2 shampoos and a conditioner, but it's still oily and dry...somehow. Anyway, the dryness can be solved with moisturiser but what can I do about the oilyness?

I only put shampoo from the neck up and conditioner from the neck down. Your scalp is the only part that gets greasy, so the rest of your hair doesn't really need the shampoo all the time. Maybe a couple of times a month to get rid of conditioner build up. Other than that... washing. Some places recommend washing less often with a gentle shampoo to make your scalp produce less oil, but for me that just led to having greasy hair all the time instead of some of the time. I'm also trying to perfect the art of just washing my scalp and letting the rest of my hair be, but I don't have a very good method worked out yet.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 am UTC

Flying Betty wrote:I only put shampoo from the neck up and conditioner from the neck down. Your scalp is the only part that gets greasy, so the rest of your hair doesn't really need the shampoo all the time. Maybe a couple of times a month to get rid of conditioner build up. Other than that... washing. Some places recommend washing less often with a gentle shampoo to make your scalp produce less oil, but for me that just led to having greasy hair all the time instead of some of the time. I'm also trying to perfect the art of just washing my scalp and letting the rest of my hair be, but I don't have a very good method worked out yet.
this is what i do

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 pm UTC

Yeah I only shampoo the scalp and condition the tail, though I have a friend who's stopped shampooing, she said the hair is really shitty for a few weeks but afterwards it gets fine.
22/♂/hetero/atheist/★☭/Image

Originator of the DIY ASL tags

MuffledScreams

Postby MuffledScreams » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:28 pm UTC

Uh oh. I have incredible timing, going into the military. Which means one of several things. I won't be here long, don't have long hair now, and I will be working for 'the man'.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:41 pm UTC

Roughly down to my nose when straight- I'm not sure if I fit the other criteria.
Attachments
Face.JPG
Face.JPG (10.79 KiB) Viewed 3723 times

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:09 pm UTC

Rakysh wrote:I'm not sure if I fit the other criteria.
I seldom see anyone with hair shorter than yours. So I'm going to go ahead and say you don't meet the hair one.
Last edited by Alpha Omicron on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:12 pm UTC

Messed up an edit, sorry. Delete please.
Last edited by Alpha Omicron on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

livemansleeping

Postby livemansleeping » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:44 pm UTC

Y'know, if i'm gonna be auctioned off, i'd kinda like to know to whom... ;P also, what'd the going price be? and who would collect it? perhaps we should use some alternate form of currency for this option... hmmm... *tries to figure out how 'appearance' can translate to 'currency' and what the exchange rate would be*

y'know, if you... no that wouldn't work...

if any of you have ideas on this, post them, cause i can't think of anything right now...

*mah pic is on page 9 for those who havn't looked :P*
i am livemansleeping, if you happen to see deadmanwalking, lemme know... >heh.<

FrankManic

Postby FrankManic » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:46 am UTC

Sprocket wrote:Are you an attractive long haired geek boy?

I used to be, but I cut my hair after six years of ponytails got boring. sowwy.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:I seldom see anyone with hair shorter than yours. So I'm going to go ahead and say you don't meet the hair one.

Seriously? Because I have the longest hair in my class at school.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:30 pm UTC

Rakysh wrote:Seriously? Because I have the longest hair in my class at school.
Seriously. You have what I know as "hockey hair", and pretty much every male your age wears it around here.

Proposed new rule: "long-haired" means having hair greater than 30cm in length at the time of posting.

ASmileWithoutACat

Postby ASmileWithoutACat » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:36 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:Proposed new rule: "long-haired" means having hair greater than 30cm in length at the time of posting.

After seeing all the disagreement over what, exactly, constitutes long hair (elitists! :p) I think it really ought to be up to the OP to define if it's going to be defined at all. After all, she's the one who wants the pictures.

Also, back on topic, I am now a bit sad that I had stuff shaved off my head 9 months ago. It's still fairly long, but no more than what I would consider medium length. Anyway, I rather doubt I meet some of the other criteria. *sigh*
You know it's all beginning
To feel like pretending...

Happy yesterday to all!

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:36 pm UTC

I'd say that a decent definition of "long" would be able to touch shoulders if straightened. Mine's slowly creeping down my back, but I didn't start calling it "long" until it started hitting my collar.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Beacons!

Postby Beacons! » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

Sarr wrote:
Alpha Omicron wrote:Given the number of posters here whose hair does not even come close to me understanding of "long haired", I wonder what you people think is short hair. Bald?
This. Very much this. Also, old picture is old. End of last school year. But still.

I have that shirt! I vote for making the Sonata Arctica Don't Say A Word shirt the official long-haired geek boys shirt.
"Woof!", explained the dog

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:38 pm UTC

i think past chin is long for guys. but he "when straightened clause is a good one

Jadestone

Postby Jadestone » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 pm UTC

Usually I go with past chin for long as well, though I don't usually think about straightened/not. But that could also be taken into account.

I second the Sonata Arctica shirt wearing! Though I doubt to many people have it, I don't even and I am a big fan of them. Alas.
Kokopelli for President

"Life's a beach. Then you die." -Terry Prattchet

"We are all of us alone in this world."

Khizrael

Postby Khizrael » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:23 pm UTC

At least the chin, preferably the neck. The amount of short haired boys we've been seeing is getting silly now...

Suffice to say, when I brush/straighten my hair properly, none of my head or face can be seen underneath it. Does that class as long?
sleepygamer wrote:*Gives Khizrael the "Sleepygamer Seal Of Approval" for being awesome and metal*

Now everyone else will shun you!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN.

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:18 am UTC

it's funny comparing the definition of 'long' when referring to male's hair versus the definition of 'long' when talking about girl's hair... I'd say my hair is mid length at the moment (it's just past my shoulders) and was 'long' when it was down almost to my waist.

dalahäst

Postby dalahäst » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:24 am UTC

doogly wrote:Sure, I'm vain enough to post my picture in this thread, especially if it keeps things more interesting than discussing the rate of hair growth.
Spoiler:
me1.jpg

now.
me2.jpg

And you may want to browse through The Luxurious and Flowing Hair Club for Scientists, which I am reminded that I ought to apply to.

*Edited* for spoiler and extra picture. And my smile is less creepy when I am not photographing myself. It does not come naturally to me, I am too old for these myspace generation shenanigans.

パチンコ! I play on my iPhone, there's one called 松竹梅 on the App Store. Great time waster.

Tofer

Postby Tofer » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:03 am UTC

Deleted.
Last edited by Tofer on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:40 am UTC

Tofer wrote:According to some of you, my hair may not meet the requisite criteria.
It definitely does not. Why do so many of you have such a skewed understanding of long? Like, you've seen pictures of Robert Plant, right?

Sasha

Postby Sasha » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:38 am UTC

I was just reading through this thread and I found myself.

Then I went to look in the mirror.

The differences are very great.
Now, my hair's longer and not as greasy. I've got different specs, riding a bit higher on my nose. I've got bloodshot eyes and dark bags under my eyes. I have an angry look now too. My jawbone appears to have risen and my chin is pointier. And my face is a different stage in resemblance to a warzone. I hate puberty. So so so much. Perhaps I will submit more pics of myself once I get the gorram webcam working.
Marbas wrote:I'll usually jump from one strange thought to the next, such gems as: "I wonder if bears get depressed", "I think the sun is unnecessarily smug" and so on.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:08 am UTC

Wombat wrote:I was just reading through this thread and I found myself.

Now, my hair's longer and not as greasy. I've got different specs, riding a bit higher on my nose. I've got bloodshot eyes and dark bags under my eyes. I have an angry look now too. My jawbone appears to have risen and my chin is pointier. And my face is a different stage in resemblance to a warzone. I hate puberty. So so so much. Perhaps I will submit more pics of myself once I get the gorram webcam working.
So what you're saying is that your dabblings with the dark magics have finally caught up on you and have wrought their damage that marks every practitioner of that heinous craft?
Ⓞⓞ◯

Subliminity
needs friends

Postby Subliminity » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 am UTC

Wombat wrote:I was just reading through this thread and I found myself.

Ha. Hahahahahaha.

At least I haven't hit the "pew pew minefield face" phase...

Also, avatar pic is at a WEIRD angle, my face is pointier and longer...and less shiny.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:18 pm UTC

I'm... so sorry, people. What began as me making fun of Themata for having short hair seems to have snowballed into a full-blown invasion of this thread by the shorthairs.

...I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:
Tofer wrote:According to some of you, my hair may not meet the requisite criteria.
It definitely does not. Why do so many of you have such a skewed understanding of long? Like, you've seen pictures of Robert Plant, right?
For a person who had a buzz cut most of their life, four inches *is* long.

To them.

It's still short, though.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Samsoneffect

Postby Samsoneffect » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm UTC

Am I doing it right?
Most people would post something witty, humourous, or perhaps offensive in their signature. Unfortunately, you won't find anything like this here.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm UTC

Rakysh wrote:Roughly down to my nose when straight- I'm not sure if I fit the other criteria.

You are ADORABLE! This thread makes me so happy!
:D
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:15 pm UTC

Samsoneffect wrote:Am I doing it right?
Yep.

Return to “General”