"Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

"Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:00 am UTC

This is a thread for talking about the little things that annoy you. The idea comes from a radio segment I heard earlier today (which is also the source of the title).
I'll start off with:
When you park your car and once you've walked away, you dont know whether you actually locked it, and hence have to go back and make sure.
(though I dont drink tea, but many have made this comment): when you are making tea and the tag you hold breaks off the string.
When you step on a crack with one foot, and hence have to step on another (or the same) crack with the other foot on the same part. (though this may just be mild OCD)
You get the idea.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:06 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Toeofdoom » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:19 pm UTC

When you set autosave to interrupt you every 60 seconds to make up for the programs skill at corrupting files.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:45 pm UTC

debugging, 'nuff said
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:59 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Andrew » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:15 pm UTC

When I visit twitter.com only to realise that I have all the latest updates on the screen already in my sidebar.

psyck0
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby psyck0 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:48 pm UTC

People who walk slowly. Old people are excused from this.

User avatar
Unicyclist
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:54 am UTC
Location: THIS is my title, top dogs.
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Unicyclist » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:13 pm UTC

psyck0 wrote:People who walk slowly. Old people are excused from this.

If you're in a hurry, don't expect others to be-I like to enjoy my walks.
don't plow that beautiful field!

User avatar
micco
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:16 pm UTC
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby micco » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:15 pm UTC

I find people who talk loudly very annoying.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4002
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby TaintedDeity » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:24 pm UTC

Songs that take aaages to start.
I don't want to hear 3 minutes of ambient twanging before a voice or melody kicks in, it's boring and repetitive.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!
Posts: 5972
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm UTC
Location: :uoıʇɐɔol

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:52 pm UTC

Unicyclist wrote:
psyck0 wrote:People who walk slowly. Old people are excused from this.

If you're in a hurry, don't expect others to be-I like to enjoy my walks.
Okay, great, but don't get in the way.
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Cherry Kiss » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:24 pm UTC

Drivers over the age of 60. Just don't. Stop. Do not get in your car! YOU CAN'T DRIVE!!!
Gah!
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

it doesn't even have to be people over sixty. I'm pretty sure that there are some people who were never meant to drive, and that most of them reside in colorado.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

User avatar
Ashi
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:50 am UTC
Location: New York, USA

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Ashi » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:32 pm UTC

I have quite an array of things that bug me...
-"Legit." It's "legitimate," get it right.
-"Mad such-and-such." I actually used it in the context of "very" recently, and flipped out on myself. :P
-Chatspeak.
-Popped collars. Just no.
-People who associate negative stereotypes with girls who enjoy science and math.
-Teachers who can't add to save their lives.
-When metal rubs on metal. Or teeth. *cringe*
-When teachers give a formula but don't explain how to use it.
-Spelling Schrödinger's name, "Schrodinger"

Yeah... I have a lot of pet peeves.
BomanTheBear wrote:Do not go looking for the stupidest thing ever said on the internets.

You might find it. Then it will be too late to help you.

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:37 pm UTC

well, you may be out of luck on that last one, most people (myself included) don't know how to type the "o with umlaut" character. though I wholeheartedly condone annoyance at non-electronic examples of this kind of ignorance.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Cherry Kiss » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:03 pm UTC

kinigget wrote:it doesn't even have to be people over sixty. I'm pretty sure that there are some people who were never meant to drive, and that most of them reside in colorado.

oh but seeing as how i'm from Florida, over 50% of the people around me are seniors. the rest, are college students on scooters (or pretty bmw's. ack!).
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:12 pm UTC

point taken, and conceded.

although you still have to compete with L.A. for worst drivers in the U.S. or at least most ridiculous freeway design.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

User avatar
wst
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:06 am UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby wst » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:45 pm UTC

kinigget wrote:most ridiculous freeway design.


Image
The UK has you there.

Image
Twice.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Cherry Kiss » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:47 pm UTC

oh hands down LA would win. i could never live there. another one of my pet peeves, people who ruin life for natural blondes (seeing as i am a natural blonde) and give us a repuation of being idiots. Thank you Paris, jessica, and every fake out there. Gah! we arent all dumb and slutty bimbos who do nothing but shop and gossip. GAH!! i hate you.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

User avatar
roc314
Is dead, and you have killed him
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 am UTC
Location: A bunker, here behind my wall
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby roc314 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:13 pm UTC

kinigget wrote:well, you may be out of luck on that last one, most people (myself included) don't know how to type the "o with umlaut" character. though I wholeheartedly condone annoyance at non-electronic examples of this kind of ignorance.
Just type 'oe'--it's equivalent to 'ö'.

I am annoyed by windows in my bedroom that face towards the east. No sun rises while I'm trying to sleep!
Hippo: roc is the good little communist that lurks in us all
Richard Stallman: Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.
suffer-cait: roc's a pretty cool dude

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:21 pm UTC

wst wrote:
kinigget wrote:most ridiculous freeway design.


Image
The UK has you there.

Image
Twice.

umm . . . can I just say

HOLY CRAP!

I thought that Good Omens was exaggerating!
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

User avatar
Qoppa
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 pm UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Qoppa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:34 pm UTC

In Moscow (The arrows are describing what you need to do to make what should be an easy left turn.)
Image

(From this site, which has a lot more really scary interchanges.

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5779
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Angua » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

People talking while I'm trying to watch tv (I'm better at tuning them out when I'm reading though)
Grammatical errors, especially misplaced apostrophes.
Watching people ignore the highway code when I had to take a ridiculously hard road test.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:46 pm UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:oh hands down LA would win. i could never live there. another one of my pet peeves, people who ruin life for natural blondes (seeing as i am a natural blonde) and give us a repuation of being idiots. Thank you Paris, jessica, and every fake out there. Gah! we arent all dumb and slutty bimbos who do nothing but shop and gossip. GAH!! i hate you.
I'm not blonde, but this, definitely this. Paris Hilton and those people are a disgrace. To the human race.
@wst: I dont think that thats the worst roundabout in England. There are others with 6 mini roundabouts around the centre one, and each on has lanes that go both ways.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Quadropus
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:30 pm UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Quadropus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

People who don't indicate whilst driving.

They should be shot on sight.
Image

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Cheese » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

Quadropus wrote:People who don't indicate whilst driving.

They should be shot on sight.
Q. Fucking. T.
About a third of the time, on my way home from the bus stop, a car comes down from the main road to the junction I'm about to cross at. And I don't know if I should stop or keep going, because they're not fucking indicating. It's a fucking T junction, what excuse do you have?! You can't be going straight on, for fuck's sake!
Qoppa wrote:In Moscow (The arrows are describing what you need to do to make what should be an easy left turn.)
Image

(From this site, which has a lot more really scary interchanges.
...now, if they were driving on the left side of the road, that would be a whole lot easier. But turning right would then probably be impossible.

...this is going to turn into another rant thread, by the way. Most posts seem to be along those lines anyway.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
'; DROP DATABASE;--
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 am UTC
Location: Midwest Alberta, where it's STILL snowy
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:19 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:
Quadropus wrote:People who don't indicate whilst driving.

They should be shot on sight.
Q. Fucking. T.
About a third of the time, on my way home from the bus stop, a car comes down from the main road to the junction I'm about to cross at. And I don't know if I should stop or keep going, because they're not fucking indicating. It's a fucking T junction, what excuse do you have?! You can't be going straight on, for fuck's sake!
Qoppa wrote:In Moscow (The arrows are describing what you need to do to make what should be an easy left turn.)
Maybe a "USE YOUR FUCKING TURN SIGNAL, IDIOTS" sign at the end of the T is in order.

Also, upgrading Ubuntu. This machine is downloading packages at 16k/s, saying about a day remaining. My laptop has spent about 45 minutes now resizing a partition because /var was a few megs short of having enough space. >8^(
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

User avatar
Qoppa
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 pm UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Qoppa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:30 pm UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Also, upgrading Ubuntu. This machine is downloading packages at 16k/s, saying about a day remaining. My laptop has spent about 45 minutes now resizing a partition because /var was a few megs short of having enough space. >8^(
Solution: Use a better Linux distro.

/troll

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

guyy
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:02 am UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby guyy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:34 pm UTC

Unicyclist wrote:
psyck0 wrote:People who walk slowly. Old people are excused from this.

If you're in a hurry, don't expect others to be-I like to enjoy my walks.


More accurately, people who walk very slowly in areas where pretty much everyone else is in a hurry, and there's not much room to maneuver. Because that is really, really annoying.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Cheese » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:02 pm UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:
Cheese wrote:
Quadropus wrote:People who don't indicate whilst driving.

They should be shot on sight.
Q. Fucking. T.
About a third of the time, on my way home from the bus stop, a car comes down from the main road to the junction I'm about to cross at. And I don't know if I should stop or keep going, because they're not fucking indicating. It's a fucking T junction, what excuse do you have?! You can't be going straight on, for fuck's sake!
Maybe a "USE YOUR FUCKING TURN SIGNAL, IDIOTS" sign at the end of the T is in order.
There are houses at the end of it. What I have thought about doing is crossing the road very slowly if someone's making no indication as to their planned direction, but they clearly know that I'm there. Then when they start to turn and can't keep moving, I calmly explain what pisses me off about their driving.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
BobMacDhonnchaidh
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:13 pm UTC
Location: Glasgow, Scotland (Not England)

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby BobMacDhonnchaidh » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:05 pm UTC

The fact that English people talk so slowly.
Thig crìoch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol is ceòl

Help save us from 16 years of boredom!

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby SlyReaper » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:14 pm UTC

People who don't flush public toilets. It's simple enough to do, and yet if you walk into any cubical...
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Ian Ex Machina
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Around Cambridge (UK)
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

Watching someone play fallout 3 and quicksaving every time something happens so as to never lose health etc, arghh. Just deal with being hit occasionally or not get a critical or whatever.
Image

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Cherry Kiss » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:59 pm UTC

so i completely find it annoying when you are walking down the sidewalk or an aisle in a store and people are walking on in the opposite direction on the wrong side. I mean come on! treat sidwalks and such like you would a street you are driving down. If im driving in the wrong lane you are going to look at me and go WTF!!??!!?? so when walking down the sidewalk and you are walking at me and i look at you like you are retarded and expect you to move so i can continue walking dont look at me like you have no idea whats wrong... you are a moron! and stop getting in my way!!!!

oh and people who wear flip flops and socks together... seriously? just wear tennis shoes.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:59 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:01 am UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:so i completely find it annoying when you are walking down the sidewalk or an aisle in a store and people are walking on in the opposite direction on the wrong side. I mean come on! treat sidwalks and such like you would a street you are driving down. If im driving in the wrong lane you are going to look at me and go WTF!!??!!?? so when walking down the sidewalk and you are walking at me and i look at you like you are retarded and expect you to move so i can continue walking dont look at me like you have no idea whats wrong... you are a moron! and stop getting in my way!!!!

It annoys me when people get mad at me for breaking rules that only exist in their heads.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Cherry Kiss » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:03 am UTC

Andrew wrote:It annoys me when people get mad at me for breaking rules that only exist in their heads.


yeah but i hate when people dont use common sense...
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

User avatar
Qoppa
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 pm UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Qoppa » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:07 am UTC

People who stop right in the middle of an escalator. FFS, stand off to the side so that I can walk past you. Also, people who stop right in the middle of a crowded hallway/doorway and make everyone go around them.

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

User avatar
Surgery
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 am UTC
Location: Western New York

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Surgery » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:04 am UTC

Andrew wrote:
Cherry Kiss wrote:so i completely find it annoying when you are walking down the sidewalk or an aisle in a store and people are walking on in the opposite direction on the wrong side. I mean come on! treat sidwalks and such like you would a street you are driving down. If im driving in the wrong lane you are going to look at me and go WTF!!??!!?? so when walking down the sidewalk and you are walking at me and i look at you like you are retarded and expect you to move so i can continue walking dont look at me like you have no idea whats wrong... you are a moron! and stop getting in my way!!!!

It annoys me when people get mad at me for breaking rules that only exist in their heads.

No, I have to agree with CK, I think that's pretty much a de facto rule. Most people seem to obey it pretty well. I mean, look at escalators, if you're facing them which side is the on that is going to move you forwards? Walking up stairs too. I hate it when people walk on the wrong side of the stairs.

User avatar
Ashi
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:50 am UTC
Location: New York, USA

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Ashi » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:07 am UTC

Andrew wrote:
Cherry Kiss wrote:so i completely find it annoying when you are walking down the sidewalk or an aisle in a store and people are walking on in the opposite direction on the wrong side. I mean come on! treat sidwalks and such like you would a street you are driving down. If im driving in the wrong lane you are going to look at me and go WTF!!??!!?? so when walking down the sidewalk and you are walking at me and i look at you like you are retarded and expect you to move so i can continue walking dont look at me like you have no idea whats wrong... you are a moron! and stop getting in my way!!!!

It annoys me when people get mad at me for breaking rules that only exist in their heads.


Trust me, this is one of those rules that is demonstrated frequently, but not in writing. It annoys me too :wink:
BomanTheBear wrote:Do not go looking for the stupidest thing ever said on the internets.

You might find it. Then it will be too late to help you.

User avatar
Plamo
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:22 am UTC
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Plamo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:Songs that take aaages to start.
I don't want to hear 3 minutes of ambient twanging before a voice or melody kicks in, it's boring and repetitive.

Have you heard Octavarium?

People who park on the wrong side of the road, so that the head of the car is facing oncoming traffic.
It makes driving incredibly confusing.
Uselessnesses... what a silly word.

User avatar
Zer088
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:13 pm UTC
Location: south florida

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Zer088 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:20 am UTC

People that don't park properly, it one thing to be skewed (up to 5° is tolerable) its another to be way of to the side so much so that I can't open my door without intruding on the space on the other side. I have seriously considered buying huge stickers to put on the windshield of these cars. It would have a 3000 word essay explaining straws, camels backs, the chaos theory and BHG. And by the time they finish getting the fragile sticker off, their ice cream will have melted.
YaKKa Foob MoG. GRuG PubbaWuP ZiNK wattooM GaZoRK. CHuMBLE spuzz.
Image
John Kaim: Love is the most powerful catalyst in existence.

User avatar
Sir_Elderberry
Posts: 4206
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 pm UTC
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Contact:

Re: "Lets get tedious, tedious." (Annoying things)

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:14 am UTC

The right hand rule and right-handedness. It's stupid. Mathematics and biology are teaming up to make me have to put down my pen every time I have trouble visualizing magnetic fields.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests