Blistering blue barnacles

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Jacque
a member of shro's band
Posts: 870
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Jacque » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:
Quixotess wrote:Overheard in third period today: "I want to smack [her] in the face with a dildo." *audience laughs*

Do you think that's funny? Do you think that's funny? Protip: It's not. Instead, it supports sexual violence. Just because a female does something that mkes you unhappy does not give you the right to profess your desire to use sexual violence against her. Goddamn it! And people tell me I'm not oppressed. That boy just oppressed the woman he was talking about, every woman in the room, and in fact all women everywhere. Message sent: piss me off, females, and I will hurt you violently in a special way designed to remind you that you are a woman. Remember, you're just a woman, and I can reduce you to powerlessness any time I want." Message received. Seriously, I hate you I hate you I hate you

SEXUAL VIOLENCE IS NOT. FUNNY.

GodDAMMIT, why didn't I say anything?


So, is it okay if I smack him in the face with a dildo?


I would prefer that you go up in the face of every person at my school, individually, and scream at them until they become feminists.


At some point everyone needs a good smack in the face with a dildo. It's funny. Not so much because it's a penis shape, but more because they just kinda flop around and that rubber can have a pretty good weight to it which can deliver a pretty good whack.

Would a nondescript rubber cylinder be better? Also, "dildo" is a funny word. "Nondescript rubber cylinder" isn't.

Dildo.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 2755
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:13 pm UTC
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Rant Thread

Postby clintonius » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:25 am UTC

Plus it's the word that most aptly describes Dan Quayle. That, also, is funny.
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby tryptanymph » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:35 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:
eternal luna wrote:People who say 'lol' instead of laughing. I just encountered that in a school bathroom-
"I haven't got any toilet paper."
"Lol."
Why?!

Because if it was funny, they would laugh.

And they're stupid.

I do it sarcastically. Like...

Guy: "Shit! I just tripped and fell on my face."
Dude: "LOL."
Guy: "What the hell man?! Why are you saying lol?"
Dude: "Because if this were the internet, and you tripping and falling on your face was a Youtube Video, I'd probably type lol into the comment box. If I were a simpleton anyway."
Guy: "...why do I hang around with you?"
Dude: "The booze. ONWARDS!"

If you can't tell... I'm The Dude. :D
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Shizo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:53 am UTC

WHY DO I ALWAYS GET STUCK WITH THE LOSING TEAM GODDAMN. EVERY TIME I END UP CARRYING THE TEAM BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL FUCKING DUMBASSES.

Seriously, stupid fuckers are building sentries around the spawn while disregarding the constant, "THEY'RE TAKING OUR CONTROL POINTS JESUS CHRIST," message from the omniscient lady. WHY ARE YOU BUILDING SENTRIES RIGHT OUTSIDE THE FUCKING SPAWN ON DUSTBOWL ANYWAY?! I could understand if it was Hydro or something but it's fucking Dustbowl. And we're on BLU, not RED.

Actually, I hate the majority of the Xbax community. It couldn't be like (most of the) PC community were we all are on the same page and understand how games work. Instead I'm playing with the kind of people who go to my school.

tl;dr: CASUAAAAAAAAALS
Image

User avatar
scowdich
The Hedgehog
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:55 am UTC
Location: University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby scowdich » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:20 am UTC

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but in all the losing teams you've been on, I should think there's only one common element. Not implying anything, just sayin', is all.

What's so wrong with casual players, anyhow? They're just having fun. If you wanna be "hahdcoah", I'm sure there's dedicated servers or something so you can pick and choose your games.

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Shizo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 am UTC

I've pondered the whole "it's me" factor many times. Can't be if I usually have more points than the rest of my team.

I would go to a "hahdcoah" server but this is xbox live. you just get thrown into random servers.

All I ask is that you're attentive to what's going on.
Image

User avatar
cypherspace
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 pm UTC
Location: Londonia

Re: Rant Thread

Postby cypherspace » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:58 am UTC

Yes, but on Xbox Live you choose gaming zones and are likely to be thrown in with people in the same gaming zone. I'm on the "casual" zone. What are you on?
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby thecommabandit » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:03 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:
benjhuey wrote:
eternal luna wrote:People who say 'lol' instead of laughing. I just encountered that in a school bathroom-
"I haven't got any toilet paper."
"Lol."
Why?!

Because if it was funny, they would laugh.

And they're stupid.

I do it sarcastically. Like...

Guy: "Shit! I just tripped and fell on my face."
Dude: "LOL."
Guy: "What the hell man?! Why are you saying lol?"
Dude: "Because if this were the internet, and you tripping and falling on your face was a Youtube Video, I'd probably type lol into the comment box. If I were a simpleton anyway."
Guy: "...why do I hang around with you?"
Dude: "The booze. ONWARDS!"

If you can't tell... I'm The Dude. :D

He also says "LOL" when we're playing Synergy with voicechat. I'll say something like "Damn, we've spawned with only one mag of SMG ammo, no shotgun and no pulse rifle". Then he'll say "LOL". Then we proceed to beat the shit out of Combine with crowbars.

Funnily enough, his character model when we play is always The Dude from Postal 2.
Image

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby tryptanymph » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:22 pm UTC

thecommabandit wrote:
sleepygamer wrote:
benjhuey wrote:
eternal luna wrote:People who say 'lol' instead of laughing. I just encountered that in a school bathroom-
"I haven't got any toilet paper."
"Lol."
Why?!

Because if it was funny, they would laugh.

And they're stupid.

I do it sarcastically. Like...

Guy: "Shit! I just tripped and fell on my face."
Dude: "LOL."
Guy: "What the hell man?! Why are you saying lol?"
Dude: "Because if this were the internet, and you tripping and falling on your face was a Youtube Video, I'd probably type lol into the comment box. If I were a simpleton anyway."
Guy: "...why do I hang around with you?"
Dude: "The booze. ONWARDS!"

If you can't tell... I'm The Dude. :D

He also says "LOL" when we're playing Synergy with voicechat. I'll say something like "Damn, we've spawned with only one mag of SMG ammo, no shotgun and no pulse rifle". Then he'll say "LOL". Then we proceed to beat the shit out of Combine with crowbars.

Funnily enough, his character model when we play is always The Dude from Postal 2.

OH NOES. CAN YOU TELL THAT I DELIBERATELY SET THAT UP LIKE THAT SO THAT YOU WOULD MENTION IT WITH THE DUDE AND STUFF? NO WAI! LOL.

I'm done. No rant today. Apart from blisters. When you get them on your right hand from playing bass, it kills to type and play guitar.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
wst
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:06 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread

Postby wst » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

On another, unnamed forum I frequent, some people post their names after every post they make.
It's driving my nuts up the wall. I know your name, it says it on the left of every post you make. Stop wasting your typing.
Also, I read everything in a post, if it's a short post. Quite often these people would just post an emoticon, then their name. So I'd be staring at this post, wondering what the hell 'name' had to do with anything in the thread. Their name used more characters than the emoticon. How sad is that?! Anyway, I ignore the sigs over there, so why they bother with typing their name when it could be in their sig (and therefore harmless) and where they don't have to type the fancy sup tags they use in the username...

So I made a rant thread about it on the forum. Where everyone is posting in that manner. Imbeciles. It's a pretty childish forum, it's truely an intellectual cesspit, I don't honestly know why I go there. Why the fuck do I care?

Because someone on the internet is wrong.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

User avatar
Ramses IV
Posts: 803
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Ramses IV » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 pm UTC

wst wrote:On another, unnamed forum I frequent, some people post their names after every post they make.
It's driving my nuts up the wall. I know your name, it says it on the left of every post you make. Stop wasting your typing.
Also, I read everything in a post, if it's a short post. Quite often these people would just post an emoticon, then their name. So I'd be staring at this post, wondering what the hell 'name' had to do with anything in the thread. Their name used more characters than the emoticon. How sad is that?! Anyway, I ignore the sigs over there, so why they bother with typing their name when it could be in their sig (and therefore harmless) and where they don't have to type the fancy sup tags they use in the username...

So I made a rant thread about it on the forum. Where everyone is posting in that manner. Imbeciles. It's a pretty childish forum, it's truely an intellectual cesspit, I don't honestly know why I go there. Why the fuck do I care?

Because someone on the internet is wrong.


tl;dr

:D -Ramses IV
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Awia
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm UTC
Location: Britland!

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Awia » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:58 pm UTC

Ok random people, I am quite aware I have long hair, please stop coming up to me in the street and asking if long hair is back in style, or telling me to cut it. I am not going to cut my hair just because you say so.
What's wrong with long hair anyway? Am I making you uncomfortable, because I don't adhere to your strict social "norms"?
Oh, you think it looks stupid do you? ( I have had someone come up to me and say my hair looks stupid before, and since when is it okay for someone to tell a guy he looks stupid randomly? You wouldn't do it to a girl, why do it to me, does me having a penis make me more liable to agree with you, or do as you say?) Well I think you look pretty stupid, I don't tell you do I? I'm growing my hair because I think it looks cool, not just to piss you off.
Please stop stroking me as well, and telling me that I keep my hair clean for a boy... What does that even mean? As a male am I completely incompetent at washing my hair?
Also, obviously because I have long hair, I smoke weed as well, and you can freely come up to me and tell me this, I won't mind, in fact, it's become so bloody normal, I just ignore it now.

I feel I should start going up to people with short hair and tell them to grow it, just to see their reaction.

Just because I'm male, doesn't mean I should have short hair, and I should put gel in it, I think that looks stupid, and I also quite enjoy the fact that people don't look at me like I'm going to mug them because of my hair, admittedly, they do look at me as if I haven't washed in months, which is better?
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 2755
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:13 pm UTC
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Rant Thread

Postby clintonius » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Awia wrote:Ok random people, I am quite aware I have long pubic hair, please stop coming up to me in the street and asking if long pubes are back in style, or telling me to cover it up. I am not going to hide my body just because you say so!

Fix'd
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

User avatar
Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:06 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Dobblesworth » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

Alright, smokers. We all know the pain and suffering you all have to go through with the new "Smoking in enclosed public places and workplaces" ban that came into force last year. It's so very, very hard for you, to have to pay all that £5 for an extra day chopped off your life through lung cancer, emphysema and bronchitis, and have to wait through 20 sticks of nicotine to get your access to instant NHS benefit scam opportunities, but could you be any less considerate? Seriously, I can understand the system where "OH NOES (one-eleven) we can't have that room in the office to waste 3hrs a day to have a regular 10-min smoking break now and again" "Oh me yarm we can't smoke in the pub/club/disco/restaurant/bar/brothel anymore, so now we have to stand in the freezing cold to get our lung cancer fix", but it was intended for the gain of all of us. Us healthy gits could enjoy a trip into a drinking establishment without the risk of some tosser shoving ash in our faces, while you morons could use the opportunity to save the £1000+ you send down the drain into the Chancellor's pocket through the dreaded stealth taxes on tobacco. Well, that was the plan. Now it's "right, I have a 100yd walk from the station to my office through 100+ non-smoker pedestrians, who, due to the abundance of human rights legislation, would be arrested for discriminatory behaviour if they so much attempt to request I put my fag out, soooo time for a smoke, or five." Also, they have zilch f***ing respect for designated ---NO SMOKING--- zones in the city centre, especially the covered portico area jutting off our main city station where all the taxis come in. Honestly, does it greet the visitors to our region in a friendly manner, by shoving cancer in their faces?! Is it that much effort to move 20yds along the street, where our lovable dictators have even provided cigarette-butt bins attached to lampposts? Oh no, you'd much rather smoke in the non-smoking bay, piss us all off, then complain there's no provision for your discriminated minority. Sometimes I think they're either a) complete and utter f***wits, or b) b******s who simply go out of their way to inconvenience you, forcing you to take a wide arc around them, carry out an internal purge on your airways, as well as generally leaving a stink on your clothes as you walk past them.

</rant>

tl;dr Next time I see a smoker on the street coming in the opposite direction towards me, holding a fag and traipsing a trail of carcinogens through the air I'll be breathing 2 seconds later, I'll shove that mother-f***ing cigarette so far up his/her own arse, they'll mistake it for a child's crayon inhaled through the nose and lodged in the cerebral cortex.

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby |Erasmus| » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:30 am UTC

Yes...

They do it (smoking, for the record) on the platform at train stations around here. Usually I just move away so I don't have to smell it (god it stinks, and most people who smoke carry that smell around with them everywhere), but there is -always- someone doing it, and it's really annoying.

I also hate how we've now just shoved all the smokers on the street so that whenever I'm walking past the office buildings to get to the station, there is a solid wall of people blowing cancerous, stinking smoke all over me.

If you want to commit suicide (because that's all that smoking is, there are no benefits to it that aren't perceived) can you please find a faster way to do it, and stop giving me lung cancer?

User avatar
eternal luna
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:54 am UTC
Location: Сидней

Re: Rant Thread

Postby eternal luna » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:38 am UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:without the risk of some tosser shoving ash in our faces

I had a guy blow the smoke directly into my face at a train station a couple of days ago. Still seething about it.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Awia
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm UTC
Location: Britland!

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Awia » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:41 am UTC

clintonius wrote:
Awia wrote:Ok random people, I am quite aware I have long pubic hair, please stop coming up to me in the street and asking if long pubes are back in style, or telling me to cover it up. I am not going to hide my body just because you say so!

Fix'd

Dammit, you found me out.
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

User avatar
Amarantha
Posts: 1638
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Amarantha » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:42 am UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:Alright, smokers.


Oh me yarm cigarette smoke is the bane of my life. I quite literally counted down the days until the local pub smoking ban, for the whole three years between the announcement and the implementation.

But the problem with smokers is not that they're arseholes or morons. It's just that they're normal people who happen to have an addiction, and thus the cognitive dissonance and denial that go along with that. You can't reason with them, because suggesting that the act they crave causes harm to others is a threat to their very self-esteem.

Given a choice between deliberately causing someone distress and not having a smoke, they have to choose the third option and convince themselves that the offended non-smoker is really just an unreasonable nanny-state proponent. That way they can have the smoke and also keep their sense of self-worth.

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby thecommabandit » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:42 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:
Dobblesworth wrote:without the risk of some tosser shoving ash in our faces

I had a guy blow the smoke directly into my face at a train station a couple of days ago. Still seething about it.

I blew ash in my own face once. In my defence, I have an extremely inquisitive nature and I was ten. I wanted to see how the ash moved when I blew it... but I blew too hard =C

My hard drive.
Ok, it ain't that small. It's officially 60gigs but formatted it's about 55.9 or something. This morning I was counting up how much space I had on it manually because I only have 3ish gigs free and I want to install some stuff (namely, Guild Wars). The properties of my C drive tell me I have used up 52.5gigs of space and have 3.31 left. I totaled up everything inside the drive manually and it came to 48ish gigs. WHERE'D MY OTHER FIVE-ISH GIGABYTES GO?! I NEEDZ MAH GIGABYTES FOR INSTALLING MAH STUFFS IN! D=>

I need a new another hard drive. I can get an 80gig one for £25ish... but where'd my gigabytes go? I want them back =C

sleepygamer.
His 666th post was epic. So epic, in fact, that it seems like anything I could do for it, despite how awesome it could be, would just be an imitation of him.
Image

User avatar
Sarr
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:34 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Sarr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:39 pm UTC

[Rant]
Essays. Today I got back an Essay I did for English last week - best grade I've gotten on an essay all class, and it's in a category all its own, so it's pulling my grade up something major. Today we had to write another essay that goes into the same category, and I KNOW I did shitty on this one. Also, I have to write another tomorrow. On the last day of school. THE LAST FUCKING DAY!
[/Rant]

High School Sucks.

Also on the whole "cut hair" thing, I've had someone in a class with me offer me 100 bucks to cut my hair. Still don't know if he was serious.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26263
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

thecommabandit wrote:I need a new another hard drive. I can get an 80gig one for £25ish... but where'd my gigabytes go? I want them back =C


$50 for 80 Gigs?

Highway Robbery, I say
Highway Robbery!

That.. really seems like a bad deal, but then, everything costs more over there. Poor bastards.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
wst
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:06 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread

Postby wst » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:32 pm UTC

I can do about £40 for 500 gigs, so.. £25/80 sounds waaaaay out.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby thecommabandit » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

I did only look at one site. I couldn't be bothered shopping around, but nothing has been bought so it doesn't matter (yet).
Image

User avatar
space_raptor
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby space_raptor » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:45 pm UTC

I refuse to have respect for anyone who wears their baseball cap at an angle.

I once told this guy I only sorta knew to straighten his hat in a bar. He gave me a look like he was going to fight me. I won't do that again. I realize now that it is their right to wear baseball caps at a 37 degree angle or whatever, it's not my place to tell them what to do. But I think they look like dumbasses and when the revolution comes they will be first against the wall.
The drinking will continue until morale improves.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Jessica » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:34 pm UTC

My name is jessica.
Yes. It's jessica.
Yes, I have a man's voice. I'm working on it. Fuck, you don't have to talk about me, while I'm on the phone with you. You could say something afterward if you have to. But, talking to your friend on the phone while I'm talking to you, you know I can here you.

Also, if i tell you "I'm sorry there's nothing we can do" I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do. Just because yo think something should happen, doesn't mean it will. Clearly, you have no idea what you're doing. If you did know, you wouldn't be calling me.

Fuck. I'm pissed off, depressed and stressed. I want to go home. I don't want to be here anymore.
I hate being emotional right now. It's making my job harder to do, and fuck.

I want to scream, but I can't.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:14 am UTC

thecommabandit wrote:
eternal luna wrote:
Dobblesworth wrote:without the risk of some tosser shoving ash in our faces

I had a guy blow the smoke directly into my face at a train station a couple of days ago. Still seething about it.

I blew ash in my own face once. In my defence, I have an extremely inquisitive nature and I was ten. I wanted to see how the ash moved when I blew it... but I blew too hard =C

My hard drive.
Ok, it ain't that small. It's officially 60gigs but formatted it's about 55.9 or something. This morning I was counting up how much space I had on it manually because I only have 3ish gigs free and I want to install some stuff (namely, Guild Wars). The properties of my C drive tell me I have used up 52.5gigs of space and have 3.31 left. I totaled up everything inside the drive manually and it came to 48ish gigs. WHERE'D MY OTHER FIVE-ISH GIGABYTES GO?! I NEEDZ MAH GIGABYTES FOR INSTALLING MAH STUFFS IN! D=>

I need a new another hard drive. I can get an 80gig one for £25ish... but where'd my gigabytes go? I want them back =C

sleepygamer.
His 666th post was epic. So epic, in fact, that it seems like anything I could do for it, despite how awesome it could be, would just be an imitation of him.


It's because hard drive manufacturers are cheapskates that use decimal gigabytes rather than binary ones. To them, a gigabyte is 10003 bytes. Of course, a true gigabyte is 10243 bytes. It's a shitty thing to do, but they all do it.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Alexiel
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:22 am UTC
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Alexiel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:10 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
thecommabandit wrote:
eternal luna wrote:
Dobblesworth wrote:without the risk of some tosser shoving ash in our faces

I had a guy blow the smoke directly into my face at a train station a couple of days ago. Still seething about it.

I blew ash in my own face once. In my defence, I have an extremely inquisitive nature and I was ten. I wanted to see how the ash moved when I blew it... but I blew too hard =C

My hard drive.
Ok, it ain't that small. It's officially 60gigs but formatted it's about 55.9 or something. This morning I was counting up how much space I had on it manually because I only have 3ish gigs free and I want to install some stuff (namely, Guild Wars). The properties of my C drive tell me I have used up 52.5gigs of space and have 3.31 left. I totaled up everything inside the drive manually and it came to 48ish gigs. WHERE'D MY OTHER FIVE-ISH GIGABYTES GO?! I NEEDZ MAH GIGABYTES FOR INSTALLING MAH STUFFS IN! D=>

I need a new another hard drive. I can get an 80gig one for £25ish... but where'd my gigabytes go? I want them back =C

sleepygamer.
His 666th post was epic. So epic, in fact, that it seems like anything I could do for it, despite how awesome it could be, would just be an imitation of him.


It's because hard drive manufacturers are cheapskates that use decimal gigabytes rather than binary ones. To them, a gigabyte is 10003 bytes. Of course, a true gigabyte is 10243 bytes. It's a shitty thing to do, but they all do it.

Actually, I think that was accounted for (the 60 gig drive really being 55.9, see bold). I would guess that the real culprit is the OS? Iirc, windows can take up space without telling you about it? I would find it hard to believe that the filesystem is eating up 8 gigs, but those are the only two ideas that I can come up with.
Joe Ancis wrote:The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Walter wrote:Fuck it dude, let's go bowling

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Shizo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:20 am UTC

Dear Nintendo:

Your product has reduced me to a gibbering man-ape whose only resort to dealing with the almighty grief is to scream and hurt myself.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my shit in handfuls at the TV in some impotent primal effort to get the thing to work. I have been trying to enjoy your product - YOUR PRODUCT, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND CONSUMER THAT THE CONSUMER WILL ENJOY THE PRODUCT - but instead the damn thing's been crawling out of the TV and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a door to the console out of which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your QA or testers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey signs your game through thought that a person with more than a single digit IQ could enjoy Story Mode Chapter 7. INSULTED.

Work with me here: the goal is simple! Come in first! Hey, that's fine, it's like playing the fucking grand prix; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed team of tongue-slapping wunderkind decided to give the game every advantage possible.

How the fuck does Black Shadow - the heaviest and lamest piece of shit next to Crazy Bear - suddenly become so good that he can stay in first the whole race without using boost once? Huh?! Why?! You never see this shithead anywhere near the Top 20 in a normal race. BUT HO HO HO THIS TIME HE'S A MEGA-COCK, THE FASTEST FAGGOT IN THE WORLD. 1.21 GIGAWATTS MARTY, LET'S GO BACK TO THE FUCKING FUTURE.

But it's not just Black Shadow with the magical powers, it's the entire fucking lineup! They're all faster than you and don't require any boost!

But but but I, of course, am still driving some piece of shit hamster-powered jalopy who guzzles the entire energy bar in no less than four boosts! Add this to the entire course that just got shitted on by some retarded space tiki volcano god and you've got yourself a course full of hazards that'll drain 1/4 your energy bar BECAUSE IT FUCKING CAN. WHOOPIE.

HURR, you say. THAT'S JUST THE CHALLENGE IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. Well fuck that noise you lopsided frankfaced fuckfurter.

Tell me, please, why does the game have to win? Huh? What happens when the game wins and I lose? Is there some huge fucking kegger waiting when it gets done? Is there money involved? Or perhaps it's something more sinister. Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by another game and that game has a gun in F-Zero Gx's wife's mouth and he's holding a cell phone up to her and F-Zero GX can hear her pained moans and cries for help and then the asshole game says, "You beat that cock-sucking human or I'll blow her fucking brains out." I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not fun if I can never win, you faggots. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of shit clown car you have hidden away from me so I can start racing and get pissed at that too. When your game prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and DIE DIE DIE.
Image

User avatar
Alexiel
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:22 am UTC
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Alexiel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 am UTC

Shizo wrote:Dear Nintendo:
...
DIE DIE DIE.

that was fuckin' hilarious

[rant]
Celibacy is lame, I am tired of it.
[/rant]
Joe Ancis wrote:The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Walter wrote:Fuck it dude, let's go bowling

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 2755
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:13 pm UTC
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Rant Thread

Postby clintonius » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:36 am UTC

Shizo wrote:Nine paragraphs of awesome

That may be the best rant I've ever heard. My goal this week is to incorporate the term "frankfaced fuckfurter" into a conversation.
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

User avatar
benjhuey
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 am UTC
Location: A collection of rocks

Re: Rant Thread

Postby benjhuey » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:51 am UTC

Video games always inspire such hilarious rants.
多么现在棕色母牛?

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby felltir » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:53 am UTC

clintonius wrote:
Shizo wrote:Nine paragraphs of awesome

That may be the best rant I've ever heard. My goal this week is to incorporate the term "frankfaced fuckfurter" into a conversation.

'cept for contract the gay, it was.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 am UTC

Felltir wrote:
clintonius wrote:
Shizo wrote:Nine paragraphs of awesome

That may be the best rant I've ever heard. My goal this week is to incorporate the term "frankfaced fuckfurter" into a conversation.

'cept for contract the gay, it was.

Yeah, what is it with people and using things that people can actually be for putting things down?

Retards, faggots, gay, etc.

And rape. Like 'I raped that level of game X so hard'. I just want to punch people who use them.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
Alexiel
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:22 am UTC
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Alexiel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:07 am UTC

I have to admit, I am guilty of that... but only 'gay'. i.e. "In what scientists are calling pretty gay..." I cannot explain how it made it's way into my vernacular, but I do not like this fact.
Joe Ancis wrote:The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Walter wrote:Fuck it dude, let's go bowling

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:21 am UTC

Alexiel wrote:I have to admit, I am guilty of that... but only 'gay'. i.e. "In what scientists are calling pretty gay..." I cannot explain how it made it's way into my vernacular, but I do not like this fact.
Do what I did. Make it so that anyone, including yourself, who uses the word 'gay' out of context, gets hit.

Crude, but effective.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Shizo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:23 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:Retards, faggots, gay, etc.

And rape.


Because people still find it offensive. Once it stops being offensive I'll have to start using other terms for gay shit.
Image

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 am UTC

Shizo wrote:
michaelandjimi wrote:Retards, faggots, gay, etc.

And rape.


Because people still find it offensive. Once it stops being offensive I'll have to start using other terms for gay shit.
Your wit is truly bloody astounding. I know gay people, and they do not appreciate it. I know rape victims, and they definitely would not appreciate it.

So stop being such a fool. I don't care if you were joking, I needed to say that.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby |Erasmus| » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:45 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Video games always inspire such hilarious rants.


I'm just amazed someone got so worked up about not beating a video game :/

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Shizo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:11 am UTC

I was joking. Because it's the fucking internet.

I stand by what I said though. It's truth, and you know it.
Last edited by Shizo on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:16 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I don't care if you were joking, I needed to say that.
Shizo wrote:I was joking. Because it's the fucking internet.
Pre-ninja'd!

Skillz to the extreme.

And apparently being on the internet gives you licence to maskerade as a tool. Good thing you were joking, though...
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests