Blistering blue barnacles

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ACU-LP

Re: Rant Thread

Postby ACU-LP » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:29 am UTC

Ramses IV wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:Also, I didn't steal it from Cheese, I was converted just after I joined.
And I'm sure it's a total coincidence Cheese mentioned this maybe 30 seconds before?
I can honestly say I missed that post.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:08 am UTC

Look, my Dad has just come back from the UAE today and I haven't seen him in roughly 6 months. We cannot pay for us to fly across the huge distance at will, so having him back is about the second most awesome thing right now. So, you can tell already that I don't really want to be out of the house when he gets off the train, so someone is there to meet him, yeah? I don't want to be going to your flat for computer gaming, but I'm too nice to say no and go anyway, with the intent of only going for a couple of hours, which I told you before I came.

So, getting angry at me and making me feel guilty about leaving your flat earlier than you want me to is not fun for me. So, I stay a bit longer at your request.

So, I stay until about half past 8ish. Dad's train got in about half 5ish. I've now missed dinner at home and also not eaten as you have no food in your flat and I do not not know the area, so I don't know where to go to get food. I then say I have to leave to get the last train for the night, so as I can see him before he goes to sleep, 'cos he's bound to be tired. You then refuse to get up to unlock your front door, as you're too busy blowing some random shit up or cutting off random limbs in a very very gory fashion on a computer game, all of which I have gone off recently. You find it dreadfully funny that I'm getting pissed at this stage. It gets to quarter past 9. I am never going to make it from your flat to the train station in time for the last train.

I end up calling for a lift, which leaves Mum in a terrible mood and Dad already in bed. You get angry at me because, oh, I haven't seen you in ages and oh, by the way, would I like to move in with you as your latest tenants are moving out soon and you need someone to split the extortionate rental with? You live like a sloth, you are very close-minded (I have realised recently) and you don't do much besides play computer games. Guess my answer, which I'm too polite to give right then? I have wasted the hours I could have been spending with Dad, money on a return train ticket I only used half of and on a bus ticket to your flat.

All so I could see you and another good friend. Seems like a fucking waste of time to me.

Sorry for the block of text.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:12 pm UTC

Passive-aggressive hypocrisy can fuck right off, and so can Christmas.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:20 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:Bring it to them with the teabag. Also, what is with all this recent complaining about quot tags? Sheesh, is it really that big of a deal?

Yes. It is. It's Serious Business. I'm super cereal.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:16 pm UTC

<rant> I can't stand the bastard mod mafia game right now. It sucks. </rant>
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

omega

Postby omega » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:02 pm UTC

Amarantha wrote:Passive-aggressive hypocrisy can fuck right off, and so can Christmas.

I'm with you on that.

So can people who think they can command me around as they wish, while complaining about pretty much everything I do.
And so can my headache.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:56 pm UTC

I want Christmas to be more than 2 days away!
=[
It's too close.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

Lolsaur wrote:stuff
*hugs*
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:55 am UTC

Oh, different rant!

My helmet did not fly off and damage the bonnet of your car in the accident I was in a few months back. Stop trying to claim it on my insurance.

Spoilered for long accident account:
Spoiler:
My scooter went into the back of your car while I skidded on to my right side, so the front wheel of the scooter was underneath the back of your car and the upper lip of my helmet hit the bumper of your car. When you came out of the car and around to the back of the car, my helmet was still firmly attached to my head and you bloody well saw that. Yes, the visor came flying off, but it went off to the left and landed on the pavement, where an old lady picked it up and gave it to me when we had pulled in to the side. I only took the helmet off when we had pulled both vehicles in to the side of the road.

In order for my helmet to have come off, the chin strap would have had to have broken (which it didn't) or my head will have had to come off (which it very clearly didn't). Now, as for the physics of my helmet making its way on to your bonnet when I hit your bumper, where I came to a stop, I have no idea how that would have worked.

Stop trying to scam my insurance company.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:00 am UTC

I retract all rants about my parents. Things are, although not perfect, improving bloody fast now. :D
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:16 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:I retract all rants about my parents. Things are, although not perfect, improving bloody fast now. :D
That's good! *raises glass* Here's to it continuing!
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:13 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:I retract all rants about my parents. Things are, although not perfect, improving bloody fast now. :D

Felltir's back! *hugs*
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 pm UTC

Yay! Felltir! *Hugs*
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

scikidus

Postby scikidus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:03 pm UTC

Felltir! *puts asterisks around the phrase "hugs" even though poster does not know Felltir personally, nor does Felltir probably even know who I am, although I know of some events in his recent life*
Happy hollandaise!

"The universe is a figment of its own imagination" -Douglas Adams

micco

Postby micco » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:21 pm UTC

Wellcome back, Felltir. I'm glad that you are allright.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

Awia

Postby Awia » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:35 pm UTC

Yay for Felltir!
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

NieXS
Why's the rum gone?

Postby NieXS » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:00 am UTC

Ditto everything for Felltir.
And a hug.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:26 am UTC

[Tonnes of Allusions And Shout-Outs]

*hugs Felltir*

I felt like a huge cock (and that tells you something about how bad I felt), not knowing you that well.

Mild rant: So, you. . . want me. . . to give you a gift?

1) It's just another solar festival (hats off to the people that get the reference)
2) I don't believe in Father Christmas. (Remove the italicized portion for one of my two favourite songs for this wretched holiday)
3) Nor do I believe in the Zmobie (misspelling intentional) Cheesus or his birthday. Mithra beat you to it. Go Zoraster!
4) Furthermore, I don't even like you. Why would you think I would get you a gift? ARE YOU THAT SELF-CENTERED!? (For Quixotess: [/cockslaprage!cynthia])
5) You won't buy me a gift. You've never bought anyone a gift, ever. See above. Indeed, you'd mug Father Christmas, given the chance. (Give us yo' money!)
6) I was going to put something here. . . Oh, yes.
7) ???
8) Profit.

[/toaas-o]
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:20 am UTC

rrwoods wrote:

Felltir's back! *hugs*

Thank you, my furry friend. :D

Thank you everyone else! and if you don't know me well... then add me on MSN or PM me or something, I love people! :D
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

omega

Postby omega » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:57 am UTC

I don't know you personally either, but I've read a bit about you in this thread and other places.
I'm glad you're back as well, even if it's weird because we never talked or so...

My rant: 5 hours of sleep are too little. I wish I could just call and say I wasn't going to come to their stupid Christmas party because a) I celebrate my own birthday but not other people's, b) I'm not a Christian (meh... when will they EVER get it?) and c) I'm fucking tired, my dad doesn't have decent coffee and I need sleep.
But I had to fix and rewrite some code last night so going to sleep early and leaving everything in a mess wasn't an option either... ><

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:28 am UTC

*hugs Felltir*

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:03 pm UTC

Felltir, I hardly know ye, but it's great to know you're back.

*cyberhug*
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Jos

Postby Jos » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:08 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:
Thank you everyone else! and if you don't know me well... then add me on MSN or PM me or something, I love people! :D

I would hug felltir, but he have a furry-friend so I do not. But I feel affectionate towards him
philsov wrote:Internets is a gift to Jos.

littlebuddy wrote:hmm... I wonder if I should call rule 34 on that hammer moderator, she probably has nice legs.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:13 am UTC

I'm so sick of this conditional-love bullshit. You're self-centered and you NEVER appreciate all the shit I do for you [and I do it because I love you..]

I'm tired of everything. All of it. Life needs to hurry up.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Zak

Postby Zak » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:55 am UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote: Life needs to hurry up.
I heartily second this sentiment.
*waggles eyebrows*

foxgloves

Postby foxgloves » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:02 am UTC

I am kind of new, so don't flame me, but I have a rant as well...
(this does not apply to my posts)

I hate it how when someone posts an intelligent post, people feel the need to look for grammar mistakes instead of addressing the issue. I wonder if that's because they feel a need to assure themselves of their intelligence by poking holes in a person's spelling because of their ineptitude in logic. In any case, it is a waste of space in a discussion to which they contribute nothing but their own shortcomings. Those people should crawl in a hole and die.

And if you read this... it has no spelling mistakes, so cheers, mates.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:43 am UTC

It's only fun to do that when the post itself is berating others for errors in logic, spelling, grammar, and so on.. just as a way of pointing out "Oh, so it's a killable offense when someone else does it, but you're exempt, eh?" and you pretend to be a Canadian.

Otherwise it's just someone being a dick to be a dick.

That said, that doesn't happen too often here.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:50 am UTC

foxgloves wrote:I am kind of new, so don't flame me, but I have a rant as well. . . .
(this does not apply to my posts)

I hate it how when someone posts an intelligent post, people feel the need to look for grammar mistakes instead of addressing the issue. I wonder if that's because they feel a need to assure themselves of their intelligence by poking holes in a person's spelling because of their ineptitude in logic. In any case, it is a waste of space in a discussion to which they contribute nothing but their own shortcomings. Those people should crawl in a hole and die.

And if you read this. . . it has no spelling mistakes, so cheers, mates.

Fix'd.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:12 am UTC

Damn it!
I have the right format and everything! It plays on media player and quicktime and such, but it wont work on the goddamn motorazr v9 phone! It only see's it as audio.
Damn it!

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:55 pm UTC

Fucking <company that I'm working for>, seriously managers locking me in the fucking store without doing any kind of checks.
Luckily I had my phone on me to find my way to the office, Cos all the lights went fucking off (Poorly lit mannequins=freaky)
Then waiting 1hr and a half for someone to come let me out!
Also they made the manager who didn't lock me in come get me out, on her day off :/

Also, people who replace the word fuck with ones such as 'fig' 'frack', they sound too forced, and that just really really annoys me.

Also, seriously customers I know you are annoyed that that particular piece of tat isn't half price yet our signs may boast "Certain lines upto half price" however mouthing off onto me does.... nothing. Seriously as a wage slave I have no say on pricing or deals. Also don't try to act as if it should have been reduced by asking the price three times, its the same each time, the third answer is not a magic reality bending cheaper one.
Last edited by Ian Ex Machina on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:21 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:It's only fun to do that when the post itself is berating others for errors in logic, spelling, grammar, and so on.. just as a way of pointing out "Oh, so it's a killable offense when someone else does it, but you're exempt, eh?" and you pretend to be a Canadian.

Otherwise it's just someone being a dick to be a dick.

That said, that doesn't happen too often here.

Yeah. Here we like to pretend that an extra line after a quote, or text that is any smaller than the default, are somehow abominable.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:28 am UTC

Bah! One of those is an exaggeration of an official position (the problem is only when you use text so small people can't read), and the other one is utterly nonofficial, and is promulgated by a combination of people who can't mind their own bad formatting and of sheeple!
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:Bah! sheeple!

Foe'd

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:01 am UTC

Hey, Jesse changed his title!

/me pretends he posted that in F/RT.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:08 am UTC

And signature.

fishyfish777

Postby fishyfish777 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:16 am UTC

DAMMIT DAMMIT I CAN'T F*CKING FIND THE RIGHT CODECS FOR MY YP-T9 TO PLAY CONVERTED VIDEOS

OR THE PROPER CONVERTER TO CONVERT .XM FILE MUSIC (900 files) INTO MP3 MUSIC

I accidentally a keyboard.
Neon Rain wrote:And somehow we humans can invent scanning-probe microscopes that can "see" individual atoms, yet still can't invent a machine that can reliably scan tests not taken with a #2 pencil.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:33 am UTC

What? The official xkcd reluctant hero wrestler mod can't hear me? Nooo! *pounds desperately on the window*

I don't know how to indicate my lack of sarcasm.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:45 am UTC

You don't, I think. Other than promising to never again use the word Sheeple. Oddly enough, a word that seems to be used most often by people who don't think.

Not that I'm saying you don't think, merely making an observation.

*edit* ... even *I* have no idea what I was trying to say with this post. The hell, me?

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:15 am UTC

Huh, I didn't realize the word had bad history. I was sort of tickled by it, but I've never used it before now, promise.

Is it something like people coming in to comment threads on blogs and posting "[crazy conspiracy theory] WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!"?

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:17 am UTC

No, Jesse's just not a fan of bad puns (bah - sheeple. geddit?)
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Return to “General”