Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Socal Swimmer
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 am UTC
Location: I'll give you one guess

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Socal Swimmer » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:41 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:I actually just got burned by cheese, literally. It was so goddamn got that it just burned me. :shock: Has never happened to me before...


so goddamn got? thats scary.

:p
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.


I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

User avatar
functionally_stupid
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:31 pm UTC
Location: USA, New England (usually)
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby functionally_stupid » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:36 pm UTC

Confession: I was really fucking excited for Christmas this year, because I really really really wanted to make my little sister happy with the presents I got her. I was like "OH FUCK YEAH THESE ARE GONNA BE THE BEST PRESENTS EVERRRRRR" and so I ended up being perky and chipper the whole time. I got her the Death Note novel, the xxxHolic novel, and a signed hardcover copy of Neil Gaiman's "The Graveyard Book".

She loved them! SUCCESS!

... I'm supposed to be taciturn and grouchy! TACITURNITY FAIL!

So, yeah, oodles and oodles of boundless, joyful affection screams with incredible volume from every atom of my body in everyone's general direction. You forumites especially. ...Hope that isn't too frightening, as most of you barely know me. :D
I wrote it in a style I fondly refer to as "unabashedly fancy" - i.e., "Fuck Zen minimalism, I'm gonna use all of my favorite words and stack loads of complex syntax n' modifying phrases'n'clauses in this motherfucker, goddamn."

Socal Swimmer
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 am UTC
Location: I'll give you one guess

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Socal Swimmer » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:40 pm UTC

good job!

i love your avitar...
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.


I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am UTC
Location: In the making.

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Zak » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

Yay!
*waggles eyebrows*

User avatar
Ian Ex Machina
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Around Cambridge (UK)
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:14 am UTC

'Fess: I'm really not looking forard to giving in a letter about negligence, even though everyone has advised me to do it for some kind of recompense, I just can't do confrontational :(
Image

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Torvaun » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:30 am UTC

Ian Ex Machina wrote:'Fess: I'm really not looking forard to giving in a letter about negligence, even though everyone has advised me to do it for some kind of recompense, I just can't do confrontational :(
I know what you mean. I never got around to suing my ex-boss either. So, while I'd like to suggest that you do it, it would be incredibly hypocritical for me to do so.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
Ian Ex Machina
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Around Cambridge (UK)
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:32 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:
Ian Ex Machina wrote:'Fess: I'm really not looking forard to giving in a letter about negligence, even though everyone has advised me to do it for some kind of recompense, I just can't do confrontational :(
I know what you mean. I never got around to suing my ex-boss either. So, while I'd like to suggest that you do it, it would be incredibly hypocritical for me to do so.

Yours sounds more serious, I doubt mine is sue worthy.
I can't avoid giving in the letter it is now written and I have work tomorrow. :s
Image

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby michaelandjimi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:47 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:I generally don't explain myself, because I feel no obligation to continue most conversations (except for previously when the blog thread was active or with most PMs) or justify my decisions either way.
This is a forum. It's meant for discussion. Though it is possible to do so, it was not designed for just posting a random argument and then scarpering.

I was under the impression that you wanted to actively promote understanding of inequality and how it should be fixed. Ignoring people who question you, however much of a "headache" they may be, is not the best way to do that.

You clearly had enough time to write a giant reply about not being bothered to write a reply. This seems rather self-defeating.

EDIT: Though your sister has my sympathies.
Last edited by michaelandjimi on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:52 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:It has very little to do with how "right" or "wrong" a person's post was.

So that's just an unfortunate coincidence?
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Torvaun » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:58 am UTC

Ian Ex Machina wrote:
Torvaun wrote:
Ian Ex Machina wrote:'Fess: I'm really not looking forard to giving in a letter about negligence, even though everyone has advised me to do it for some kind of recompense, I just can't do confrontational :(
I know what you mean. I never got around to suing my ex-boss either. So, while I'd like to suggest that you do it, it would be incredibly hypocritical for me to do so.
Yours sounds more serious, I doubt mine is sue worthy.
I can't avoid giving in the letter it is now written and I have work tomorrow. :s
Yeah, I would say that mine very much was more serious than getting locked in for an hour and a half. I really should have done something, but through a combination of 'don't want to confront him', 'don't have the money to go through the legal system', and 'don't want to see his face until it's staring blankly out of a casket, if then', I never did.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
Quixotess
No. Cookies.
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:26 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Quixotess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:29 am UTC

Spoilered for extreme irritation and should probably take this to PM or, better, just walk away.

Spoiler:
michaelandjimi wrote: This is a forum. It's meant for discussion. Though it is possible to do so, it was not designed for just posting a random argument and then scarpering.

I was under the impression that you wanted to actively promote understanding of inequality and how it should be fixed. Ignoring people who question you, however much of a "headache" they may be, is not the best way to do that.

You clearly had enough time to write a giant reply about not being bothered to write a reply. This seems rather self-defeating.

Ha! Thanks for your concern, I know how much you care about what I want. As you know, educating people on this forum is an obligation I come into by virtue of, uh, well, I should just stop everything and talk about what other people want to talk about when they want to talk about it, okay?

Oh, and any time I enter into a discussion about any type of inequality, even if I just think I'm talking about stuff, what I'm really doing is promoting understanding, because I'm The Authority. I never make mistakes, and there's no one here who knows more or cares more about my cause than I do, not sophy, not natraj, nope, at 18 I carry the weight of my cause on my shoulders and am responsible for each and every forumite who still does not support it.

If I must go to Christmas parties with my family, I really ought to inform everyone here about it or else people will have no choice but to assume I'm ignoring them and post about that as though it's a fact. Then I'm not allowed to treat that assumption as rude, or even contradict it at all, really, because otherwise I'm hurting my cause. I really need to just be endlessly patient with others - apparently however much they mistreat me or whatever sort of history I have with them. Anything less is detrimental to my cause. Because above all people are entitled to a reply or a justification for why they didn't get one.

*ahem* Yeah, I went back to check this thread, saw your second post, and that was when any interest I had in replying to your original point flew out the window.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:43 am UTC

Moral of this story: fingers + too many pies = bad

for clarity: don't start things you can't finish.

User avatar
Pirate.Bondage
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm UTC
Location: On my pirate ship. Yarg.
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:48 am UTC

Confession: I know I do way more for you than you do for me, but I'd never tell you that.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:49 am UTC

Sweet Georgia Brown, if you have enough time to point out why you don't have time to reply, then you have enough time to reply.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby sje46 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 am UTC

Fess: I think I made a big mistake >_<

I don't want you mad at me.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

User avatar
AttackAttack
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:31 am UTC

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby AttackAttack » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:15 am UTC

Confession 1: I can only thing of two things since the start of summer that wasn't a nearly-complete waste of time. Continuing my long-distance relationship, and learning Ruby. One of those, learning Ruby, my also dry up.

Confession 2: I blame myself for nearly everything. What I don't make myself confess to, I say that I'm stupid for not dealing with it better.
Confession 2.1: Most of what I blame myself for is not my fault. At all.
Confession 2.2: This is fucking up my mental health incredibly. It makes my head spin, and breaks my heart every time I approach something negative. Even if my girlfriend doesn't get on-line before dark, it's my fault somehow. "I haven't decided what to get her for our anniversary" or "I didn't think about her at all this morning". Stupid crap like that. Also, knowing that something is my fault, or coming to accept it, doesn't make me feel better. It's like cutting minus the endorphins.

Confession 3: I refuse to spend my family's money. Not because I don't want it; I do. I want it badly. REALLY BADLY. I just don't want them not have it. I know they'll just spend it something stupid, and I know I need it, but I can't take anything from them. Even if they were rich, living in Phoenix like they dream, I wouldn't be able to just accept the fact that they are taking money they need and letting me burn it on things I can do without. No, they don't help themselves with it, but I'm still taking it from them.

That will be all.

Socal Swimmer
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 am UTC
Location: I'll give you one guess

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:01 am UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:Confession: I know I do way more for you than you do for me, but I'd never tell you that.


i dont think thats true. how could you possibly no more about someone than they do?

its fairly arrogant and assuming, to say the least.
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.


I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby felltir » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:23 am UTC

Confession: I am scared.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:04 am UTC

Felltir wrote:Confession: I am scared.
Fess: this worried me instantly. I did not know I could care so much for someone I have never met.
Is everything alright?
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby felltir » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:07 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
Felltir wrote:Confession: I am scared.
Fess: this worried me instantly. I did not know I could care so much for someone I have never met.
Is everything alright?


*huggles*

Thanks.

Yeah, everythings fine, just my parents opinion of my boyfriend is like a pendulum. They want me to leave him.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am UTC
Location: In the making.

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Zak » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:08 am UTC

Well fuck that.
*waggles eyebrows*

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 am UTC

Now we need to figure out how to generate and place a giant supermagnet to hold the pendulum in place (on the good side).
Here's to hoping they'll understand how you feel about him and accept that as a good thing.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby felltir » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:13 am UTC

Yeah. My mum now accepts I love him, just thinks he's faking his emotions to get with me.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:17 am UTC

At least they're half way there.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby felltir » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:18 am UTC

Yep.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
Devilsaur
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:45 am UTC

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Devilsaur » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:20 am UTC

I came on the forums to post a ton and pass the time but I really haven't posted much at all. <_<;

But now I am for replying to this thread, mwaha.

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am UTC

Confession: I'm optimistic about the next semester. I'm actually excited by the idea of meeting new people and making new friends. I want to get involved, which is odd for me. I was going to come here and complain, but I'm not going to do so. I'm even going to talk to girls more often, because I'm told that they're pretty cool people. I feel like 2009 is going to be a real turning point in my life, like everything in 2008 happened just to prepare me for this.

Socal Swimmer
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 am UTC
Location: I'll give you one guess

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:43 am UTC

ParanoidAndroid wrote:Confession: I'm optimistic about the next semester. I'm actually excited by the idea of meeting new people and making new friends. I want to get involved, which is odd for me. I was going to come here and complain, but I'm not going to do so. I'm even going to talk to girls more often, because I'm told that they're pretty cool people. I feel like 2009 is going to be a real turning point in my life, like everything in 2008 happened just to prepare me for this.


i felt like that once.

things proceeded to plummet downwards from there.

but hey, good luck! You will probably do great!
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.


I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

|Erasmus|
Branson
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby |Erasmus| » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:11 am UTC

Socal Swimmer wrote:
ParanoidAndroid wrote:Confession: I'm optimistic about the next semester. I'm actually excited by the idea of meeting new people and making new friends. I want to get involved, which is odd for me. I was going to come here and complain, but I'm not going to do so. I'm even going to talk to girls more often, because I'm told that they're pretty cool people. I feel like 2009 is going to be a real turning point in my life, like everything in 2008 happened just to prepare me for this.


i felt like that once.

things proceeded to plummet downwards from there.

but hey, good luck! You will probably do great!

I think going to uni with a bunch of close friends from highschool was probably a mistake.

I have made quite a number of acquaintances at uni, but not really anyone that I am very close to, because i keep hanging out with the same few people.

I have tried telling myself I should try and be more involved in stuff before, but it has not worked yet. I am trying to tell myself I am going to again, now. Hopefully it will work for me, too.

User avatar
Chai Kovsky
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm UTC
Location: Californication

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Chai Kovsky » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:46 pm UTC

I'm trying to sign up for a schedule of absolute insanity that will nevertheless be quite fun. I'm looking forward to next semester as well.

Fess: Drama keeps happening around me, and I'm worried that it's my fault. I just don't know how to stop that kind of shit from happening.
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:08 pm UTC

Socal Swimmer wrote:
Pirate.Bondage wrote:Confession: I know I do way more for you than you do for me, but I'd never tell you that.


i dont think thats true. how could you possibly no more about someone than they do?

its fairly arrogant and assuming, to say the least.

Disregarding that that's not what she said, it's really easy. Because people lie to themselves all the time. All the fucking time.

A person may see themselves as trustworthy and honest, ethical and slow to anger. Their friends know that they're trustworthy with physical possessions and dollar amounts over $20, but if you loan them $5 you'll never see it again, or if you tell them something in confidence they'll pass it along to everyone else. They also know that the person lies when they think it's in their advantage to do so, but not really about major things. However, the friends know the person will stab their own mother in the back if it meant getting ahead in life, and that they get downright furious at stupid things in apparently .2 seconds of it not going well.

Which one is correct, the person who lies to themself, or their friends who know the truth?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby xndrew » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:34 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Socal Swimmer wrote:
Pirate.Bondage wrote:Confession: I know I do way more for you than you do for me, but I'd never tell you that.


i dont think thats true. how could you possibly no more about someone than they do?

its fairly arrogant and assuming, to say the least.

Disregarding that that's not what she said, it's really easy. Because people lie to themselves all the time. All the fucking time.

A person may see themselves as trustworthy and honest, ethical and slow to anger. Their friends know that they're trustworthy with physical possessions and dollar amounts over $20, but if you loan them $5 you'll never see it again, or if you tell them something in confidence they'll pass it along to everyone else. They also know that the person lies when they think it's in their advantage to do so, but not really about major things. However, the friends know the person will stab their own mother in the back if it meant getting ahead in life, and that they get downright furious at stupid things in apparently .2 seconds of it not going well.

Which one is correct, the person who lies to themself, or their friends who know the truth?
Jesus.

But no, what SecondTalon said. Though, I wonder, if a person has yet to do something backstabbing and disloyal but has full intentions, do they know themselves better as someone willing to for the right price sell out a friend, or do the friends who only know their charity and loyalty know them better? Are we who we think we are or who we pretend to be?

Socal Swimmer
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 am UTC
Location: I'll give you one guess

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:30 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Socal Swimmer wrote:
Pirate.Bondage wrote:Confession: I know I do way more for you than you do for me, but I'd never tell you that.


i dont think thats true. how could you possibly no more about someone than they do?

its fairly arrogant and assuming, to say the least.

Disregarding that that's not what she said, it's really easy. Because people lie to themselves all the time. All the fucking time.

A person may see themselves as trustworthy and honest, ethical and slow to anger. Their friends know that they're trustworthy with physical possessions and dollar amounts over $20, but if you loan them $5 you'll never see it again, or if you tell them something in confidence they'll pass it along to everyone else. They also know that the person lies when they think it's in their advantage to do so, but not really about major things. However, the friends know the person will stab their own mother in the back if it meant getting ahead in life, and that they get downright furious at stupid things in apparently .2 seconds of it not going well.

Which one is correct, the person who lies to themself, or their friends who know the truth?


well shit, i misread that. my bad....

but regarding what you said (and what i thought she said), i think you are wrong. Only the person doing something can know why they did it (assuming there is a reason, and if there isnt a reason, only that person knows that), and though an impartial observer is going to observe events more accurately, nobody can spend more time with someone than that person themself, and so nobody can have a comprehensive understanding of someone's thoughts other than that person themself.
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.


I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am UTC
Location: In the making.

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Zak » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:13 am UTC

That's only true if the person actually wants to understand. Tons of people create little fantasy worlds in which they are the perfect person, plus when you evaluate yourself you have a huge bias. Friends are an outside observer with a relatively small bias. So yeah. Secondtalon was right.
*waggles eyebrows*

User avatar
Khizrael
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Londonandonandonandon

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Khizrael » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:00 pm UTC

Serious 'fess: Worried I can't make my girlfriend happy.

Moderate 'fess: I'm very glad I don't have an STD's.

Mini'fess: I should be paying all my attention to my physics work.
sleepygamer wrote:*Gives Khizrael the "Sleepygamer Seal Of Approval" for being awesome and metal*

Now everyone else will shun you!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN.

User avatar
kip
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby kip » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:53 pm UTC

Minor Fess: I suffer from mild paranoia at all times. Sometimes it gets out of hand and I can't even leave the house.
Major Fess: Having heard how much my mother's life insurance pays out, a tiny part of me looks forward to getting it.
Rand Fess: I should really be writing for D&D now, but there are cats sleeping on books and paper, and I do not wish to wake them. SO CUTE.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Cherry Kiss » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:44 pm UTC

Confession: When my roommate leaves to go home for whatever various reason she finds, I tend to miss her. Having another person around the apartment is kinda nice. But, for some reason, when she comes back, I hate her and i want her to elave again. I dont really understand this. But seriously, I really want her to leave again.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Gojoe » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:50 pm UTC

I leave for Florida in a week. In that week I work everyday, except Thursday and Friday (Jan 1 and 2 (they are public holidays here)). This is going to be a long week.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Socal Swimmer
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 am UTC
Location: I'll give you one guess

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Socal Swimmer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:13 pm UTC

kip wrote:Minor Fess: I suffer from mild paranoia at all times. Sometimes it gets out of hand and I can't even leave the house.
Major Fess: Having heard how much my mother's life insurance pays out, a tiny part of me looks forward to getting it.
Rand Fess: I should really be writing for D&D now, but there are cats sleeping on books and paper, and I do not wish to wake them. SO CUTE.


you are a bad person.

actually, no probably not.

the cats make up for it.

confession:

"you kill me kill me kill me with your touch ...."

-The Veronicas

Actual confession: I wish i felt that way about somebody. Its too bad that the strongest feeling I've had towards a girl in the past six months is mild enjoyment of her presence.
Yawgmoth wrote:Girls who play "hard to get" are the fucking-devil incarnate.


I Am Raven wrote:"I don't wear underwear and like to swing the goods from left to right!"

User avatar
Pirate.Bondage
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm UTC
Location: On my pirate ship. Yarg.
Contact:

Re: Post yo' fess - Sponsored by the NBA

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:44 am UTC

Fess: I still care deeply about you and it scares me.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests