Thoughts for ships

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ramses IV

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Ramses IV » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:09 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:What do they think is not good about it? I think it's pretty cool :)

The idea is that the classhole isn't classholey enough anymore (or won't be).
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 pm UTC

George is my friend on Facebook. Yay!!

The world just suddenly got 1.5 times more awesome.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:17 pm UTC

I can't find my glasses. And the weird part is that I pulled an all-nighter last night. I can't see without my glasses, so why would I take them off? For any reason?
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Meowgan

Postby Meowgan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:18 pm UTC

Ramses IV wrote:I can't find my glasses. And the weird part is that I pulled an all-nighter last night. I can't see without my glasses, so why would I take them off? For any reason?
There is no glasses?

It would be really cool if in the Matrix, Neo said "The spoon is a lie."

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:38 pm UTC

re: studying and such.

Yes! Why don't some people understand that people have different ways of learning and absorbing information.

Attending class, listening to my teachers, and doing assignments was pretty much always enough for me in high school. And, for the most part, that was true all the way through college. I didn't have to put any real effort into studying until some of the higher level courses later in college.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:07 pm UTC

YES! I get to spend another unscheduled day at work. Woo!

/sarcasm
多么现在棕色母牛?

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:08 pm UTC

kriel wrote:
Meowgan wrote:It's a good day to die?

Glittering prizes.

I think you're a generation behind. >.> ... Or maybe A generation ahead, considering it got world-sized. And turned into something more addictive than LSD-laced-crack.

(... is LSD even addictive?)

As far as I know, LSD isn't physically addictive. Crack is though. Supposedly LSD creates such a great, euphoric feeling, that you want to take more, as opposed to needing to take more.

Not that I have ever taken it.

>.>

<.<

Swear.

But seriously, there's a guy in my college who's taken SO much LSD, he's kinda... crazy now. Sometimes he believes he's a banshee, and if you say you are a banshee hunter, he'll run away/attack you. Sometimes he thinks there are spiders living under his skin that cause red marks to appear on his ankles. Hell, sometimes he's pretty normal, except he twitches a lot.

Dangerous stuff. I know a few people who have taken it, and are only allowing themselves a certain amount for the rest of their lives, because of the sheer danger of the stuff. O.o
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:But seriously, there's a guy in my college who's taken SO much LSD, he's kinda... crazy now. Sometimes he believes he's a banshee, and if you say you are a banshee hunter, he'll run away/attack you. Sometimes he thinks there are spiders living under his skin that cause red marks to appear on his ankles. Hell, sometimes he's pretty normal, except he twitches a lot.

Dangerous stuff. I know a few people who have taken it, and are only allowing themselves a certain amount for the rest of their lives, because of the sheer danger of the stuff. O.o

As in, you know the dude personally, or as in you've heard stories, as I'm calling bullshit on that.

As for the taking a certain amount in a lifetime, that's also bullshit. Any people who believe that need to do some research.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:09 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:As in, you know the dude personally, or as in you've heard stories, as I'm calling bullshit on that.

As for the taking a certain amount in a lifetime, that's also bullshit. Any people who believe that need to do some research.

Oh I know him personally. His nickname around college is Crazy Ash. He's seriously messed up. He has done a LOT of LSD. He's a lovely dude, just... crazy.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

notzeb
Without Warning

Postby notzeb » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

I have consistently found and killed one spider in my room per day for the past week. These aren't the daddy long legs, either - those live in the corner, where they don't bother anyone.

I guess I should've done something when I saw all of the baby spiders running around last month. :|
Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­Zµ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«VµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«VµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«ZµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­Z

mobikwa

Postby mobikwa » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

notzeb wrote:I have consistently found and killed one spider in my room per day for the past week. These aren't the daddy long legs, either - those live in the corner, where they don't bother anyone.

I guess I should've done something when I saw all of the baby spiders running around last month. :|

Now imagine how many youve eaten while sleeping :twisted:

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:30 pm UTC

mobikwa wrote:Now imagine how many youve eaten while sleeping :twisted:

Probably zero.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:59 pm UTC

Quick people, I need to know signs that I've been transported to a parallel universe...

I called out my friend Catherine's name when he was playing with something on the other side of the room and he looked at me, stood up, and trotted over immediately to sit on my lap. Have I gone into another dimension or did he just do that to freak me out?
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

Numzane

Postby Numzane » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:53 pm UTC

Aah, look at all the lonely people.

My fleeting thoughts are far too fleeting. And I also have all the good ones just as I'm about to go to bed. In fact I do a lot of good thinking in bed. Now I just need some way to record them easily.

@Flying Betty: Cats are crazy. It's a given. Mine frequently attacks a harmless blue foam ball and then strategically retreats to under the bed to plot its next skirmish. And it also runs around upstairs when it thinks no one is looking, but it makes a hell of a noise.
*Often edits posts as soon as they're posted*

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:15 pm UTC

Fat Tony wrote:Every single year in school, people (not just teachers; parents and friends as well) have told me "You shouldn't be so proud of your ability to succeed in school without studying/caring about homework because next year it's going to be harder."
"Middle school has a much higher workload."
"That's going to be impossible in high school."
"You're gonna be screwed in a couple years because you have no study skills."
People just don't understand that I've caught on to this trend. I don't understand this "studying" crap. I don't need to spend hours mindlessly jamming crap I don't care about into my head; I just listen to the teachers during class. I still don't understand why it's that foreign a concept to actually try to learn things in school.

I actually do the one where I:

a) do the absolute minimum outside of class.

b) sit in lectures listening to music (or just not going at all). There was only one subject this semester where I cam remotely close to attending all the lectures, and I went to only one tutorial. The hardest subject I was doing I went to about half of each lecture, and one tutorial so I could hand in an assignment.

I apologise if that wasn't meant to be related to what I and Jaydee talked about. I find that I don't learn much by sitting in a room with a lecturer droning at me. I go home and spend 5 minutes trying to apply it, and I understand what is going on.

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:48 pm UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Quick people, I need to know signs that I've been transported to a parallel universe...

I called out my friend Catherine's name when he was playing with something on the other side of the room and he looked at me, stood up, and trotted over immediately to sit on my lap. Have I gone into another dimension or did he just do that to freak me out?

my friend Catherine comes when I call, so I would say that either I got transported to the same parallel universe a while ago, or no, you haven't.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

I've never had much need to study. A quick review before a major test is typically enough.

I did screw myself in high school though with the whole "why bother learning this crap?" line of thought. Yeah, trigonometry is useless, so I'm just going to cheat my way through the class and pass with a D. And then I go to do 3D game programming, and... fuck! Trigonometry EVERYWHERE!

So yeah, pay attention in school kids, you'll find a use for it all someday. >_>
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:58 pm UTC

Argh, someone made a passing mention to Sinfest in another thread and I spent all night reading through the archive. It's not fantastic but it has the cutest drawings I've ever seen. Srsly, some of them are so cute it causes me physical pain. I feel like I'm going to go 'squeeeeeeeee' and then my eyes are going to pop or something.
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

The Hyphenator

Postby The Hyphenator » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:51 am UTC

I used to also just do the absolute minimum I could in school and still get an A, until this year, when I actually found some subjects interesting :shock: (specifically, Biology and Chemistry).

I so want to be some sort of scientist when I grow up. :)
The image link changes whenever I find a new cool website.
Spoiler:

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:06 am UTC

Oh man, that was a close one. I have got to be more careful with either my lies or my maps or my transportation next time.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:51 am UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:There was only one subject this semester where I cam remotely close to attending all the lectures, and I went to only one tutorial. The hardest subject I was doing I went to about half of each lecture, and one tutorial so I could hand in an assignment.
Heh. My maths lectures were early in the morning, so the only ones I attended were the ones we had to hand in assignments. and I left those half way through. I don't see how watching a lecturer copying the text book on to a blackboard is a better use of my time than you know, reading the textbook myself.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:01 am UTC

Argh, why the fuck does Mountain Dew superglue the pop tabs down? I always have to use a knife or bash it with a pen to get it open.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 am UTC

I can only open soda tabs with my left hand; my stupid right hand just can't do it. I mean, come on, it does everything else, why not this?
多么现在棕色母牛?

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:18 am UTC

I'm drinking rum and Bawls. There's no way this can be a good idea.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:19 am UTC

I wish I had some Mountain Dew right now...that would be wonderful.
My Blag

annals

Postby annals » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:27 am UTC

I've just discovered that no matter what I'm listening to, sleepygamer's avatar rocks out to it in perfect rhythm. This is awesome.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:28 am UTC

annals wrote:I've just discovered that no matter what I'm listening to, sleepygamer's avatar rocks out to it in perfect rhythm. This is awesome.

Wow, I am listening to Dinosaur Jr. and it is true!

Sartorius

Postby Sartorius » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:29 am UTC

My roommate is really loud. And apparently her friend Chastity is anything but chaste.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:30 am UTC

I just realized that I've been chewing on my headphone cord for like, 20 minutes. Parts of it is ripped, and the bare wire is exposed. Damn! These were good earphones, too.
My Blag

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:35 am UTC

I should really buy some earphones. Or, hey, I should have at least one set around here somewhere.

I don't really like Fridays that much. Not a whole lot on TV either.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:38 am UTC

Ramses IV wrote:I just realized that I've been chewing on my headphone cord for like, 20 minutes. Parts of it is ripped, and the bare wire is exposed. Damn! These were good earphones, too.

*nomnomnomnomZZZZZZZZT THUD*

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:49 am UTC

I absolutely couldn't fall asleep last night. I was on the comp till 1 am, then I was reading a bunch of books, and planning my next DnD session, and before I knew it, it was 3. Then I read some more, got myself a late-night (or rather, early morning) snack, and before I knew it, it was 5. Since I had to get up at 6 anyway, I decided to stay up. And now I'm typing this post at 1:40 am. What does that tell you?
My Blag

Meowgan

Postby Meowgan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:56 am UTC

"Later, Alan Turing, the theorist and computer scientist, was often seen knitting Möbius strips and other geometric shapes during his lunch break."

Currently reading http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25011806/.

Maths + knitting = win!

I would like to knit a klein bottle.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:13 am UTC

How annoying would it be if, right now, while so few people are browsing the fora, I post in all the General threads on the first page? Just have every thread list me as the last poster...
多么现在棕色母牛?

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:18 am UTC

I hope you like Belial's stomach.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 am UTC

What if I posted things that really added to the discussion?

Ah, who am I kidding? Me, post with meaning? Ha.

One of these days, though...
多么现在棕色母牛?

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:31 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:How annoying would it be if, right now, while so few people are browsing the fora, I post in all the General threads on the first page? Just have every thread list me as the last poster...

I like to do this on the High Culture section.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:41 am UTC

Yeah, I like to go through all the various fora and find something to contribute in each one, so that my name is bountiful when I look at the Board index.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:59 am UTC

JayDee wrote:Yeah, I like to go through all the various fora and find something to contribute in each one, so that my name is bountiful when I look at the Board index.

Aha! Steppin' it up.

Is it just me or did we get a spur of new forumites? Everywhere I look, I'm seeing unfamiliar names with low post counts. Anyone else?

New page, fuck yeah!
多么现在棕色母牛?

annals

Postby annals » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:19 am UTC

Aah yes, commenting on more newbs than usual: the forum poster's equivalent of "get off my lawn."

*runs*

Return to “General”