Thoughts for ships

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5077
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 pm UTC

Slideshow of awwwwwwwwwww.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Chicostick
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:19 am UTC
Location: The boonies of Maine

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Chicostick » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 pm UTC

St. Patrick's day on a College campus is pretty rough. I mean it's a Wednesday and I have class from 8 to 5 and then I work on Thursday, why the frig would I get drunk? Apparently that's what St. Patrick's day is for here.

Not to mention the hundreds of people who suddenly have Irish heritage. Look, I have a bit of Irish heritage, but my family is not very Irish and my mother is French. Why the hell would I celebrate an Irish holiday? Well, besides the "an excuse to get drunk" reason. That's like if I got drunk for Hanukkah, or possibly Ramadan, or maybe to celebrate Chilean independence.

I wore a green shirt today as well, not because I really care, but because it prevents all those stupid a-hole questions. Like GREEN is all that matters. I bet half of the people have no idea what St. Patrick even DID.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 25968
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:59 pm UTC

I think getting drunk for Ramadan is possibly the most hilarious blasphemous misunderstanding ever. Or is that the Pork Rib Eating contest for Yom Kippur?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:01 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:In that sense, I agree with you. That general type of candy is pretty popular in Sweden, but as far as candy goes, the fish-shaped variety is not exceptionally popular or iconic in Sweden..
Ah. The way you phrased it was though a Swedish person would have no idea what it was when presented with one. - aka French people have no idea what french fries are. Which is true, because they call them pommes frites. Swedish people are familiar with swedish fish, just not with them being called Swedish Fish.


Swedish fish is an unexceptional part of Swedish candy, in the sense that it does not stand out amongst other forms of candy one might procure in Sweden.

Consider if someone were to brand #3 pencils as "Italian Pencils". Then, people would flock to Italy and ask about Italian pencils. The Italians would be confused, and not see how a #3 pencil is more Italian than any other type of writing utensil. While they would obviously recognize the type of pencil, they would not find anything special about it. That's basically Swedish fish.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Chai Kovsky
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm UTC
Location: Californication

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Chai Kovsky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:58 pm UTC

Chicostick wrote:That's like if I got drunk for Hanukkah, or possibly Ramadan, or maybe to celebrate Chilean independence.

I wore a green shirt today as well, not because I really care, but because it prevents all those stupid a-hole questions. Like GREEN is all that matters. I bet half of the people have no idea what St. Patrick even DID.
I'm always tempted to wear orange on St. Patrick's because I'm not in Boston and thus won't get my face punched in.

Many Orthodox Jews get drunk for Chanukah. It's actually a commandment to get drunk for Purim. Yay Jewish holidays! Maybe Chilean independence has commandments too?
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

User avatar
Lazar
Landed Gentry
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 pm UTC
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Lazar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:06 pm UTC

FT: Sometimes I wander through Wikipedia looking at random tasty-looking food items from all over the world, and fantasize about eating them. Recent examples: alfajores, stroopwafels, farinatas, green tea ice cream.
Exit the vampires' castle.

User avatar
Chai Kovsky
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm UTC
Location: Californication

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Chai Kovsky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm UTC

I. Love. Stroopwafels.

The end.
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

Teapot
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm UTC
Location: Scotland. Edinburgh mostly.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Teapot » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 pm UTC

Stroopwafels! My friend was eating one of those when we were walking down the street when a seagull swooped on us (which lead to lots of us screaming and people in the street staring at us) and stole it right out of her hand. At first we were like "What just happened there?" and then she said "The seagull stole my waffle!" and pointed to the seagull which was just sitting at the top of a wall with this massive stroopwafel in it's beak.

It's even funnier when you realise that this was the first time we'd actually met outside of the internet.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

User avatar
Link
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 am UTC
Location: ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Link » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 pm UTC

Chai Kovsky wrote:I. Love. Stroopwafels.

The end.

Agreed. Freshly baked, still-warm stroopwafels are beyond awesome.

When it comes to sugary/fatty goodness (stroopwafels, poffertjes, oliebollen, Bossche bollen...), the Dutch are gods. Unfortunately, when it comes to vegetables, not so much.

User avatar
Lazar
Landed Gentry
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 pm UTC
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Lazar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 pm UTC

Argh! Why do the Dutch want to make me so goddamn hungry?
Exit the vampires' castle.

User avatar
Gears
Bulletproof
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 am UTC
Location: Japan

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Gears » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:39 pm UTC

Got punched in the face today playing football. It was awesome. That's one way to bring down the runningback
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

User avatar
feedme
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby feedme » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 am UTC

Gears wrote:Got punched in the face today playing football. It was awesome. That's one way to bring down the runningback


haha wow. I take it you were playing without pads and helmets, otherwise that would've just been funny to witness.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3145
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby emceng » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:17 am UTC

Chai Kovsky wrote:I. Love. Stroopwafels.

The end.



What the F is a stroopwafel?
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:22 am UTC

Erm... *points to post above the one you quoted*
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby HarleyQuinn » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:31 am UTC

Dear boyfriend, I am sooooo happy for you! It's super that you got accepted into your dream college.
But I feel bad for me because you're leaving... fuck.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:32 am UTC

HarleyQuinn wrote:Dear boyfriend, I am sooooo happy for you! It's super that you got accepted into your dream college.
But I feel bad for me because you're leaving... fuck.

*Hugs*
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
feedme
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby feedme » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 am UTC

HarleyQuinn wrote:Dear boyfriend, I am sooooo happy for you! It's super that you got accepted into your dream college.
But I feel bad for me because you're leaving... fuck.


agh. That always sucks.


I need to clean my room.

User avatar
Chicostick
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:19 am UTC
Location: The boonies of Maine

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Chicostick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 am UTC

Dear person doing all the desk drumming:

We can hear it. You're not very good.

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 am UTC

FT: Spork++
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
Gears
Bulletproof
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 am UTC
Location: Japan

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Gears » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:12 am UTC

feedme wrote:
Gears wrote:Got punched in the face today playing football. It was awesome. That's one way to bring down the runningback

haha wow. I take it you were playing without pads and helmets, otherwise that would've just been funny to witness.
I never use protection.
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

User avatar
LuNatic
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:21 am UTC
Location: The land of Aus

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby LuNatic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:20 am UTC

Gears wrote:I never use protection.


Abstinence is the only way!
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Velict wrote:Good Jehova, there are cheesegraters on the blagotube!

This is, for some reason, one of the funniest things I've read today.

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:26 am UTC

Image
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 am UTC

It's funny because it's blasphemous! - Karen Walker
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Moo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:37 am UTC

Disagreement.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
LuNatic
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:21 am UTC
Location: The land of Aus

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby LuNatic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:51 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:It's funny because it's blasphemous! - Karen Walker


I wouldn't call it blasphemous, because its about the knee-jerk ultra-right right wing idiots in America, not the scriptures. For what it's worth, I agree completely with the principle. I just can't stand the hypocrites and attention seekers who go stand on street corners or go on tv and scream it at people.
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Velict wrote:Good Jehova, there are cheesegraters on the blagotube!

This is, for some reason, one of the funniest things I've read today.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 am UTC

Moo wrote:Disagreement.

I disagree with your disagreement.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Moo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:00 am UTC

And I don't really care about your assertion.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am UTC

Apologies if I've offended, Moo.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Moo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 am UTC

Thanks for the apology but it's ok, I just felt the need to present the other opinion - it was funny because it's clever, not because it's blasphemy. Blasphemy isn't funny.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 am UTC

Ah, alright, understood.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Buddha with a bra on
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:23 pm UTC
Location: Russia. On ice.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Buddha with a bra on » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 am UTC

I like St. Patrick's Day because Guiness becomes cheaper and I like Guiness.

I celebrated St. Piran's day this year but no-one else did so it was just me getting pissed by myself. The party was boring. :(
My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth. My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth. My thoughts were so loud...

Walter.Horvath wrote:I can only think to high-five the hell out of you.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:30 am UTC

Moo wrote:Thanks for the apology but it's ok, I just felt the need to present the other opinion - it was funny because it's clever, not because it's blasphemy. Blasphemy isn't funny.

I was quoting a television show character, not expressing my own opinion on the matter. Not that I care, anyway.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Moo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 am UTC

And I was disagreeing with the view you quoted.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:44 am UTC

Moo wrote:And I was disagreeing with the view you quoted.

And I was disagreeing with your disagreement which, now that I think about it, almost presents itself as a manifestation of my own opinion on the matter, even though I explicitly stated I didn't care.

Hmm...

Oh me yarm! LOOK OVER THERE! IT'S A SUBJECT CHANGE!

Image
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Moo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:54 am UTC

doggies!
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8024
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Zohar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:55 am UTC

PUPPIES!!!
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 am UTC

Corgis!
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
Baldur
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Baldur » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 am UTC

I knew Mass Effect 2 was a bad idea. Right now, I'm sitting in college, wishing I was saving the galaxy. In the past three days, I've racked up 22 hours or so of play time.
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:27 am UTC

Baldur wrote:I knew Mass Effect 2 was a bad idea. Right now, I'm sitting in college, wishing I was saving the galaxy. In the past three days, I've racked up 22 hours or so of play time.


On the up side, it isn't frickin' 80 hours long like Dragon Age: Origins was.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Buddha with a bra on
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:23 pm UTC
Location: Russia. On ice.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Buddha with a bra on » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:20 pm UTC

Also it's probably quite good unlike DA:O zing
My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth. My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth. My thoughts were so loud...

Walter.Horvath wrote:I can only think to high-five the hell out of you.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests