[EUR] Continental Europe!

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Neil_Boekend

Re: [EUR] Continental Europe!

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:33 am UTC

Jplus wrote:Are we still going to meet sometime soon? Is the first week of March still a possibility? Should we pick some city in the Netherlands?

In order to have some starting material to discuss: how about Saturday 5. March in Amsterdam, with optional extension to Sunday 6. March?

Unfortunately, I can't offer a place to stay. Either somebody else has to offer a place or travellers have to arrange a place by themselves.

I'm all for the 5th in Amsterdam. Any XKCDians that feel like taking a train to Nijmegen after the meet are welcome to stay at my place.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:59 pm UTC

For me it would be best if the meeting could start early on the day. In the evening some friends of me are giving a party which I would prefer not to miss.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

Postby bachaddict » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:00 am UTC

Just a note to say I intend to travel to Germany in the near future and would love to find cool people! I can get an ePass through my mother so I'll have a lot of freedom.
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:41 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Jplus wrote:In order to have some starting material to discuss: how about Saturday 5. March in Amsterdam, with optional extension to Sunday 6. March?

I'm all for the 5th in Amsterdam. Any XKCDians that feel like taking a train to Nijmegen after the meet are welcome to stay at my place.

It seems like it will be just the two of us. Meeting in Utrecht means less travel for both of us. How about we meet at Utrecht CS, 13:00 and then find a place to have lunch?

Edit to add: without confirmation before 12.15, I will assume that the meeting is canceled.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 am UTC

Sorry. Yeah I had kinda assumed it would not be but I had not posted it here.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:53 pm UTC

I'm doing Barcelona and a day in Brussels in March. Ant interest?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “XKCD Meetups”