Programming buddy

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

scared

Programming buddy

Postby scared » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

I'm looking for someone. I am a mostly self taught programming type person looking to learn. I would compare my programming skill level to that of a rusty journeyman. For a long time I mainly programmed in C. I did robotics for a while in high school where I didn't do as much programming as I'd have liked to. I started the project euler and I'm on problem 18, where I've been since August of last year. I'm pretty confident that my solution will work but I am terrified of coding it up. I've been writing less and less software lately. For a long time software was the only think I did, the only thing I was really good at, my reason so waking up in the morning.

I'm looking for someone.

Amarantamin

Re: Programming buddy

Postby Amarantamin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

Well, can't say I can help with the programming stuff, you might be more experienced than I am. But, I had never heard of Project Euler before, and just wanted to thank you for showing it to me. It looks like a lot of fun!

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:28 pm UTC

How about a bunch of programming buddies? Check out the red spider project (that link points to the thread on these forums, we also have a homepage which is linked from my signature).
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

scared

Postby scared » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:59 pm UTC

Amarantamin:
Do you have a github? Mine is cutecprog.

Julian:
I have fork the-red-spider-project and it's really cool. :) I'll be on your irc when ever I can be. Hope to read from you soon.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

Jplus wrote:How about a bunch of programming buddies? Check out the red spider project (that link points to the thread on these forums, we also have a homepage which is linked from my signature).

came to mind:

http://www.xkcd.com/790/

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

Don't reply to spam. Report the post. If the post is already reported (since you aren't the author of the report), shut up and move on. You've been around long enough to know better.

- Az

Return to “XKCD Meetups”