Why aren't there dinosaur ghosts?

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Envelope Generator

Re: Why aren't there dinosaur ghosts?

Postby Envelope Generator » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 am UTC

40.Because God found them annoying.
I'm going to step off the LEM now... here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat

eSOANEM wrote:If Fonzie's on the order of 100 zeptokelvin, I think he has bigger problems than difracting through doors.

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:32 pm UTC

42. They may have popped out for a bit of tea. (Or possibly a liquid that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.)
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:40 pm UTC

42b. They have jumped the gun, much like mathmannix's previous comment.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:23 pm UTC

44. Because over the millions of years, they ended up doing mass-ghost-suicide, forming Mount Everest.

P.S. Envolope's reason should have been indexed 41.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 pm UTC

45: Because everyone makes mistakes, including me.

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:22 pm UTC

46. Because dinosaur ghosts are so scared of books that they all died of shock after the invention of the printing press

Yablo

Postby Yablo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:28 pm UTC

47. They don't make sheets that big.
If you like Call of Cthulhu and modern government conspiracy, check out my Delta Green thread.
Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments.

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:18 pm UTC

48. If you had all the time in the universe, and could travel to far-off planets by merely wishing it, would you hang around earth for long? I mean, especially once your loved ones are all gone... and it's a big universe, so much to explore! They're not gone, they're just on vacation.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:51 pm UTC

49. Because they never went extinct. They just evolved into the trees of today.

The average rabbit has dug around about six different dinosaur's undersides.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

50. Ghosts spontaneously disappear with a half life of approximately 12 years, therefore all the dinosaur ghosts have.

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:24 pm UTC

51. Dinosaur Pac-Man.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:36 am UTC

52. Who said there aren't? They are there. They are just hiding, watching everything you do and judging silently.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:49 am UTC

Contains Disney/Pixar's The Good Dinosaur Spoilers
Spoiler:
53.Because they only exist in the alternative universe where the Dinosaurs didn't become extinct on Earth because the Meteor that was going to kill them missed it.

Freddino18
[Title Not Found]

Postby Freddino18 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm UTC

Lawsome wrote:33) There was a ghost meteorite.

Like the one from Danny Phantom?
Blenders!
GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Shriekin' Criminal: Wu Tang, Voodoo Foote: pirate, Amos Quirell: wizard, Sun-Ray Fool: blues, Thomaz Hettkamp: Nazi, farty monkey snatcher, phire AvAtAr: 1337 h4x0r

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 am UTC

Spoiler:
(I would have suggested the first #40, again, if it weren't for the pre-existence of #40 for it to be again... But reference to Roman Legions knee-deep in York cellars, rather than TST.)
#54) Ghosts are tied to the physical Earth (spinning around each day, orbiting Sol each year, Sol moving along its path in galactic space, the galaxy moving around its Local Group cousins, etc) only loosely. There's a gradual drift between a ghost's actual locale of haunting and the physical world. There's a 'space wake' of ghosts of certain continuous degrees of antiquity flying out into the cosmos, as the first clairvoyant to visit the ISS will realise...

teelo

Postby teelo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:08 am UTC

55. The laws of Gravity do not apply to ghosts. The dinosaurs got bored of us a long time ago, and left Earth to go haunt another planet currently going through its jurassic period.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:36 am UTC

teelo wrote:55. The laws of Gravity do not apply to ghosts. The dinosaurs got bored of us a long time ago, and left Earth to go haunt another planet currently going through its jurassic period.

I'm not playing the game, but it strikes me that something like this could make for an awesome science-fantasy setting, just with human ghosts rather than dinosaurs. Say ghosts exist, and are (of course) massless and so can fly at any speed up to that of light. Human ghosts have therefore had time to settle the entire galaxy in the few hundred thousand years we've been around, and somewhat-modern ghost civilization fills a sphere around a hundred lightyears in radius. Animal ghosts wander far out into the interstellar voids (dinosaur ghosts having spanned the entire local group long ago by now, what with even Andromeda only being like three million years away), and if there have ever been aliens in our galaxy, their ghosts are a part of the vast galactic ghost civilization along with human ghosts too.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

teelo

Postby teelo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:54 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
teelo wrote:55. The laws of Gravity do not apply to ghosts. The dinosaurs got bored of us a long time ago, and left Earth to go haunt another planet currently going through its jurassic period.

I'm not playing the game, but it strikes me that something like this could make for an awesome science-fantasy setting, just with human ghosts rather than dinosaurs. Say ghosts exist, and are (of course) massless and so can fly at any speed up to that of light. Human ghosts have therefore had time to settle the entire galaxy in the few hundred thousand years we've been around, and somewhat-modern ghost civilization fills a sphere around a hundred lightyears in radius. Animal ghosts wander far out into the interstellar voids (dinosaur ghosts having spanned the entire local group long ago by now, what with even Andromeda only being like three million years away), and if there have ever been aliens in our galaxy, their ghosts are a part of the vast galactic ghost civilization along with human ghosts too.

And in our book/movie/TV show we'll have some race of aliens show up in our galaxy that is able to interact with the ghosts. They'll try to decipher our ancient egyptian language to locate Earth, then BAM Independence Day III.

commodorejohn

Postby commodorejohn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:02 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:

Strikingly reminiscent of the end of minus. actually.
"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling."
- Bjarne Stroustrup
www.commodorejohn.com - in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't.

Return to “Forum Games”