PM "send" doesn't send

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

PM "send" doesn't send

Postby Sungura » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:38 am UTC

I've been having this issue for the last week now. When I create a new PM, and click "send", it gives me a preview. I can click "send" from the preview screen and then it will send. In reply window, the "send" button works. It has happened every single time (first few times I thought maybe I miss-clicked, and then realized, nope, it just isn't sending!). (And the "preview" goes to the preview screen as well, yes.)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: PM "send" doesn't send

Postby ConMan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:11 am UTC

It's been that way for as long as I can remember. If you preview the message first, then send it, or if you load the message from draft, I'm pretty sure it sends first go.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:13 pm UTC

This is probably happening because you haven't clicked "Add" first to add the people you're sending the message to. When you hit "Submit", if you haven't added the people you listed, they'll be added along with the preview. If this really bothers you, hit Add, then Submit.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:19 pm UTC

I did add first.
It doesn't do it to replies only to new PMs
I don't rememeber it but I haven't used the PM system to initiate conversation for a few years so could be an old new thing
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Return to “Site/Forum issues”